Complaint Review: Huntington Learning Center

• Updated: Wed, July 10, 2013

• Reported By: jojo — river edge New Jersey
Huntington Learning Center
29 Nathaniel place Englewood, New Jersey USA

Huntington Learning Center huntington of Englewood, NJ Beware of Huntington's (HLC) ripoff tactics Englewood New Jersey

The Hunington model of instruction provider is the best example of why you should never pre pay for any services. I paid $5880 in november 2012. I was promised that my child will have  one to one instruction and when this is all done he will have a fifth grade level of acdemic achievement. The dircector of the center told me that each hour of one to one instruction will cost me $47/hr.

I was told in march 2013 that my son is not getting one to one instruction and i should sign a paper to increase the rate to $52.50/hr so that he  can get one to one instruction. i signed the paper . from march to june 2013 when they ended the instructionthe huntington told me that i  haveto pay another 18,00 dollars to finish the fourth grade level instruction.  i told them I am not willing to pay any more.

march to june when they charged extra for one to one instruction they didnot provide one to one instruction. My son was writing a report every day like what he did in class. he had one teacher to him for all these 90 days.

i emailed and talked to director of operation of the center and manager  but the y say that my son who is 11 yrs old does'nt know that he had one teacher to himself

MY advice to anybody who seek private tution services is to draw up a contract  never pre pay anything more than two months tuition in advance.

I storngly  URGE ANY BODY WHO WAS RIPPED OF BY THIS TUTION SERVICE INDUSTRY TO WRITE TO THEIR CONGRESSMAN TO REGULATE THIS INDUSTRY.

I noticed most yeachers in huntington are young adults with minimal experience.  huntington told me when I signed up that all teachers are certified. I found out later that they are just certified by huntington.

IF THESE PEOPLE DO NOT PUT EVERTHING THEY SAY IN WRITING  DO NO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Huntington-Learning-Center/Englewood-New-Jersey-07631/Huntington-Learning-Center-huntington-of-Englewood-NJ-Beware-of-Huntingtons-HLC-ripo-1065545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Huntington Learning Center