- Report: #1124595
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Husky
Husky4400 S Packers Ave Chicago, Illinois USA
Husky Edsal Manufacturing Great American failure Chicago Illinois
*General Comment: Dingus
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Edsal Manufacturing manufactures Husky products like model number MR482478W5, Husky 5-Shelf 48 in. W x 78 in. H x 24 in. D Silver Steel Storage Shelving Unit. When you open the box you are confronted with an orange flyer that reads "STOP: Please do not return to store" and you're led to believe that will handle all your concerns.
Here are a few concerns they have not handled:
- There are two phone numbers on the flyer: 773-475-3137 & 773-475-3131. Neither works. You have to call their corporate switchboard at (773) 254-0600 and press the option for customer service.
- I believe I spoke to every member of customer support...all two of them. They apparently hate life. I could visualize the venom spewing from their hateful mouths as they spoke. I barely got through the model number on the second call before I was interrupted to hear, "You need to talk to parts."
- Parts doesn't return voicemails. I waited 3 weeks for a response before escalating to their management and vendor support at Home Depot.
- After 3 weeks I was told, no parts...just full carton sales. Home Depot confirmed this after Edsal Manufacturing replied to them as well after waiting one full week. With "no parts available" how does one suggest they fulfill this all important marketing item, "Lifetime warranty." I asked the Customer Service Manager this question. It's another week gone by and still no answer. I asked Home Depot that same question and the very nice rep just laughed. They don't know. No one knows. I think Home Depot knows they have a problem company on their hands and no one can do anything about it because they fill their shelves with a lot of product.
Look at reviews for other Husky products and you'll see the same concerns I've laid out here. You will NOT get "lifetime warranty" support. Do not think for a second that if you need anything from Edsal that you'll get anything in response but rude customer service reps, a parts department that doesn't check their voicemail, and management that apparently doesn't care about their reputation.
Note to self: Never put a business in Chicago or New York. New Yorker's know their p*****. Chicago residents haven't figured it out yet but they're just as bad and the Edsal attitude proves that.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Husky/Chicago-Illinois-60609/Husky-Edsal-Manufacturing-Great-American-failure-Chicago-Illinois-1124595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.