Complaint Review: I 65 transmission

• Updated: Sat, December 21, 2013

• Reported By: higbee — crown point Indiana
I 65 transmission
4720 w. 61st street hobart, Indiana USA

I 65 transmission I 65 auto care & transmission painted trans while still in the car,yup,same trans...new paint!!!! hobart Indiana

I called about noise in my daughters trans.,I was told"sounds like a bushing $500.00,don't drive it,we will tow it for free!!" They came out an hour earlier than stated and called me the next day to tell me trans. was junk,need new casing, they have just 1 in stock,all new on the inside,$2000.00. Having no choice,and it being all new,I agreed!   After a couple weeks,I inspected my daughters brakes,looked at the trans and noticed they sprayed primer ALL over the trans with over spray getting on the starter and engine!  I looked closer and the edge of the seal sticking out was EXACTLY the same as when it was brought in. YUP, same trans. What a burn. I was told they replaced the casing 'cause mine was junk.  Just deleted my proof the night before I discovered this or I'd been up there in a heartbeat!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2013 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-65-transmission/hobart-Indiana-46342/I-65-transmission-I-65-auto-care-amp-transmission-painted-trans-while-still-in-the-car-1108850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I 65 transmission