Complaint Review: I SOLD IT ON EBAY STORE. STORE# DEO252

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2008

• Reported By:Smyrna Delaware
I SOLD IT ON EBAY STORE. STORE# DEO252
1261 Churchmans Road Christiana, Delaware U.S.A.

I SOLD IT ON EBAY STORE. STORE# DEO252 PHONE# 302-224-5442 A COMPLETE RIPOFF AND WASTE Christiana Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Gaithersburg I sold it rip off too!!!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: iSold It has store policies; deal with it!

*Consumer Comment: I had an excellent customer service experience and sold lots of stuff at iSold It in Delaware

*Consumer Comment: They don't take your junk

After calling the I SOLD IT ON EBAY store several times and speaking to a manager named Jill there. I asked about selling merchandise on ebay and explained that we were getting ready to move and that I had boxes of childrens's clothing, toys, bedding, collectibles etc... that I wanted to sell. " I was told bring your things in, we will sell it in lots, and we will have your garage sale for you" . In turn they (the store) get to keep 40% (percent) of the profits.

After getting up early Saturday morning , renting a van, cleaning, packing (filling the van full of the merchandise) driving one hour to the store. (It is the only I SOLD IT ONE EBAY STORE in the state of Delaware) I get there to be met by a teenage crew who said they didn't know what to do with my things. They then call the owner of the store on the phone (I spoke with him personally) and I am told that they only take individual merchandise of $50 value or more.

Out of the money I used to rent the van, put gas in the van and the 2 hours lost on the road. I went home placed a white sheet down on my garage floor, flooded the garage with light, and photographed the lots with my own digital camera. I placed the items on craigslist and the lots of clothing and toys on ebay and have since sold them myself. I have made over $2,000 on everything sold. (and I got to keep all the profits)

Don't waste your time, your day, or your money. The I SOLD IT ON EBAY STORE located at 1261 Churchmans Road in Christiana, Delaware is a RIPOFF. They are a franchise here in the United States and Canada. I went to there website to file this report, but they have no place for customers to post there complaints and experiences. I am not surprised.

Rose
Smyrna, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2008 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-SOLD-IT-ON-EBAY-STORE-STORE-DEO252/Christiana-Delaware-19713/I-SOLD-IT-ON-EBAY-STORE-STORE-DEO252-PHONE-302-224-5442-A-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-AND-WASTE-C-299823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I SOLD IT ON EBAY STORE. STORE# DEO252

Gaithersburg I sold it rip off too!!!!

AUTHOR: Toni - (U.S.A.)

The i sold it on ebay store in Gaithersburg is a complete rip off too! They lie about their buy back program and cheat you significantly on the amount you are supposed to receive.

They blatantly disregard the rules set for the franchise and do alot of their business under the table to be able to keep more of the money!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

iSold It has store policies; deal with it!

AUTHOR: Ellen (name Changed) - (U.S.A.)

I used to work part time at an iSold It! On Ebay store in PA. Customers like this need to spend a little more time getting information before spending money on a van and wasting two hours of drive time! A quick look on the Internet or a few more questions posed to the store manager could have saved her the bad experience.

Yes, iSold It only accepts items valued $50 or over ($30 or over, in some cases) so that the customer and the store can both profit as much as possible. Selling an item on Ebay that's only worth five dollars won't reap a profit for ANYONE involved, unless they're doing a bulk sale. It takes a good ten minutes to "take in" an item from a customer, then at least another half hour to take photos and then another half hour to upload the photos. Then, someone has to hand-write an auction listing for the item --and it takes a fair amount of research. If you're paying employees ten bucks an hour and it takes a whole hour to list a $5 item, you can do the math -- everyone loses. That's why iSold it is designed for non-internet-saavy folks with larger and more valuable items to sell.

I'm happy you got some cash for your items, but honestly, keep in mind that at least 50% of the people who walk into an iSold it store are walking in with garbage and they're convinced it's worth thousands of dollars.

Oh, and the employees at the store you went to DID have to look each and every one of your objects up on their online search service, so don't make it sound like "a bunch of teenagers" looked at you dumbly and said they couldn't do anything. They looked at your items, researched them, and found that they don't sell well.

Whoever wrote this ripoff report needs to wake up and realize that iSold It is a helpful service, but they're NOT a garbage collector!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

On the contrary, I visited iSold It on eBay in Christiana, DE to find out about their services and decided to try them out myself. I was greeted by a very friendly, polite and knowledgable staff (they were young but nothing wrong about that) who explained how the service worked. They definately don't take items that don't sell on eBay for under $50, but can put items that do sell well under $50 in lots if they sell well in lots on eBay. This was described to me and my friends clearly and was never an issue. I understand why they wouldn't just take all of my stuff because it takes a lot of time to put something up on eBay and if it doesn't sell, they don't charge you anything. I am a big proponent of good customer service and setting the right expectations, and believe that the staff at iSold It should be rewarded for their professionalism and friendly service. They even assisted me with taking all of my heavy stuff out of my car for me. I truely believe that they have a worthwhile service for gettting rid of your stuff if you don't have the time to do it yourself (lord knows I don't) but if you can sell on eBay, more power to you. It is a bit expensive (35% plus ebay and payment processing fees), but after seeing what they do and how they market your item, it is well worth it. Just drop off your stuff, and you get a check in the mail....pretty simple to me. Thanks for your help!
Sincerely,
A very happy & now loyal customer:)

AUTHOR: Ebayer - (U.S.A.)

These eBay consignment stores wont take your junk. I'm sure they didn't say, "bring all your junk from your garage down and we'll take all of it". Use some common sense next time. You could have checked their website and it would have explained everything.