Complaint Review: i-way

• Submitted: Tue, April 22, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, April 22, 2014

• Reported By: MBrown — Arizona
Internet USA

i-way The iWay Joe Lorenzo i way The i-Way Scam at Universal Studios Hollywood Review Hollywood Internet

*General Comment: The iway, joe lorenzo

*General Comment: Joes I Way Scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: reply to your claims

My son hears an ad on the radio for a chance to be on Fairly Odd Parents.  I am like what are you talking about.  I call the number 855-678-5861.  The person who answers the phone sounds like they are eating chips while I am asking them who the audition is for.  They tell me i way.  I am thinking who is i way.  So I ask for the website and this is what I found.

A talent agent named Joe Lorenzo is runnning ads for a talent audition scam at Universal Studios Hollywood called i-way aka The i-way.  This "talent search" costs thousands of dollars for kids to attend.  I haved reviewed their terrible website which includes a trade mark Universal Studios Hollywood logo.  Hello?  Any one ever heard of trade mark infringement?  This website looks terrible http://the-iway.com.  When you look at their "success stories", who are these poeple?

Run from this scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/i-way/internet/i-way-The-iWay-Joe-Lorenzo-i-way-The-i-Way-Scam-at-Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Review-Hol-1140923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on i-way

#1 General Comment

The iway, joe lorenzo

AUTHOR: Tati - ()

I went to the acting league event in February and  the iway event inJuly with my daughter that was well put together by Joe Lorenzo, I had nothing but the best experience my daughter was very happy and I was satisfied.  Joe put out every effort a person could possible put out for each and every child, if this was a scam I wouldn't leave Ny twice to go to LA, I couldn't believe when I saw this nonsense. Joe lorenzo keep on doing what your doing you can't please everyone and you can't teach people how to be appreciative.. these people need to grow up and stop put all this rubbish to defame this man character, and to address the report that said he is rude maybe because you guys was rude cause it sure takes one to know the other. While i was at the event i listen to some of the parents rude and disrespectful but remember children live what they learn, joe is such a real person that man is never too busy to answer your question . I can see where the word scam as been abused because the meaning of scam as been missing understood Joe remember success bring hatred people will always try to make them self look big. Joe did not hold anyone by force to get money we voluntarily agree to whatever was discuss if you don't have good to say it's ok but don't try to play with people charater.

#2 General Comment

Joes I Way Scam

AUTHOR: joeshmo90210 - ()

I have recently attended the I Way seminar/ services this summer of 2014. I must say it has been a daunting horrible experience. This Joe Lorenzo guy is so rude and does not give anyone any information on the updates to the event.  He walks around like hes royalty and couldn't be bothered by your petty questions regarding your child. He is super nice and attentive when he is trying to squeeze money out of you. 6,000$ type of money, that is untill the check clears. This is not the only payment he asks for. His staff lines up tables and has extras that cost hundreds of dollars to add on for your child. He gets you coming and going. For instance its a 100$ for a chicken dinner plate. Winner! Winner ! Chicken Dinner i think not.

The whole ordeal uses kids and crushes them with biased favoritisms. They look for blond hair blue eyes Justin Bieber types. Poor kids are put through the ringer to satisfy this bozos circus. Its just a scam to take your hard earned dollars out of your pocket and into his. I gotta hand it to him though, this is genius. I guess the whole point of this "workshop" which is what they called it later on through the week, is to get an agent.  Law states agents are free and they do not get paid till you book a gig. I could keep going and going about this jerk, but ive spent enough time on money on him already. To top it off in the end they want you to stand up and appluad him like hes a god. Yes people clap, clap to the guy who swindled you out if thousands. I had a headache the whole time. In closing if anyone has any questions for me please feel free to email me @ (((email redacted)))

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

reply to your claims

AUTHOR: joe lorenzo - ()

hi M Brown

I am Joe Lorenzo, and this statement is quite hurtful. I have been involved in events like this for 10 years. Some companies are not so truthful, I AM, and the iWay IS!

The last event i did in February all of the parents were extremely pleased with the services i offered, how i produced the event, the professionalism in which i did so, and the follow up afterwards. I am still in contact with most of them, helping them get placed, having them self tape for specific projects, and or helping them hone their craft.

I urge you to reconsider this. In fact i urge you to email me directly to discuss this, isntead of putting out defamatory claims which are simply untrue.

Our event at Universal is very real, takes alot to produce, and yes the parents pay for it for their children. This system has worked over the years for countless actors currently working in TV and Film today. This system of paying to go to an event may not be for everyone but it is not a scam. A scam is taking money for something and not delivering the goods or services, like a timeshare may do (not all of course), etc. I have been doing this for 10 years and have never had such claims against me, especially from someone who hasnt even met me.

Lastly I have always been forthcoming with who i am, where i came from, my credentials, and what i will deliver, and i HAVE ALWAYS DELIVERED TO ALL CLIENTS. I truly wish you would of given me the chance to do so prior to posting this, again before even meeting me. Please allow me the chance now...

I do urge you to email me or call my offices to discuss this further.

Joe Lorenzo