Complaint Review: iFit

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Perkinston MS — Perkinston Mississippi United States of America
iFit

iFit iconfitness iFit does not produce the product that it sells , Internet

*Author of original report: IFit / ProForm update

*Consumer Comment: Not a Rebuttle

I bought a treadmill (ProForm Pro 2500) with the iFit built in (an additional $500) - for the sole purpose of using the iFit.  I received the treadmill, set up and operational on January 7th.  I could not get logged into iFit through the treadmill (wireless - and full connection) so logged in through desktop to see if I could get help.  I emailed iFit with this issue.  I called iFit and got "customer service" person that said she saw no problem and hung up on me.

On January 8th, I tried several times to log in through treadmill and iFit kept saying that user name/password are incorrect.  I called iFit and got "customer service" person that said it was a problem with my connection and not their problem.  I explained to her that I had full connection and could access internet (google, etc) but not get on iFit.  She insisted, very rudely, that it was not a problem on their end.

On January 9th, same issue but different (3rd) "customer service" person - stated that I needed to check my connection and make sure I was typing correctly.  Been there, done that.  Three days and still no reply to my email and it is sitting in a que (waiting for assignment to a tech).

I paid additional money for this service and they (iFit) have failed to provide me with any such service and absolutely NO customer service person that knows anything about this program that could/would help me.

January 10th - still no response from iFit

January 11th - still no response from iFit and now trying to get a refund or have them pick up the treadmill at their expense with a FULL refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iFit/internet/iFit-iconfitness-iFit-does-not-produce-the-product-that-it-sells-Internet-995776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iFit

IFit / ProForm update

AUTHOR: Perkinston MS - (United States of America)

Finally got hold of a customer service rep that told me it was a bug in the system (of treadmill) causing my issues.  She would send me a thumb drive to fix/re-program my equipment (Treadmill Pro 2500 by ProForm).  This was a week ago.  I called Proform today to find that the thumb drive isn't even in stock!  Guy I talked to said it might be 4 or 5 days and then it might ship to me.

And then, once it ships, it usually takes 7-10 business days to reach me.......if then.  They don't want to issue a credit to my account (can't use product as intended, so why not?), I asked if they would trade out my treadmill for a 955c (which does NOT have ifit) and I was told that they could not do that (again, why not - I was sold a product that I can't use so why wouldn't the company want to send me a product that I CAN use?!).

This is a true rip-off.  I will be filing a protest with the Better Business Bureau.  Do not buy anything with ifit - it does not work as advertised and ifit/Proform do not stand behind the product that they sell (and that is misrepresented).

Not a Rebuttle

AUTHOR: meditek - (United Kingdom)

I agree with everything written about this lame outfit as I have had identical problems.

1. the hardware may have been cutting edge in 1999 but is now tired out and insensitive.

2. the software is badly constructed, totally obscure with no current manual that makes sense

3. and nothing works.