Complaint Review: iFreelance.com

• Reported By: Brenda — Wilmington Delaware
iFreelance.com
Internet USA

iFreelance.com Collected annual fee instead of monthly Internet

*Author of original report: Collected annual fee instead of monthly

On March 30th I reactivated my account with iFreelance.com in order to possibly obtain more freelance writing work. I noted the monthly fee was $12 which was fine. I did not note that the default was set to "yearly."

After I finished entering the information, the page told me I would have an opportunity to review my transaction before it was submitted. This did not happen! I immediately noted it had billed my PayPal account for $75.60 instead of $12.00.

I immediately contacted the company using the phone number that was included in my PayPal transaction but since it was early Monday morning, I only reached voice mail. I left a message, but to this day I have neever received a returned telephone call. I also contacted Pay Pal, but they said there is nothing they can do because it does not involve goods.

I have sent numerous emails during this time, and all I get are excuses. On Friday I received an email asking me to wait one more day, and they would issue a check.l I told them I don't want a check, I want the money returned to my Pay Pal account.

The reply I received back said they needed to make sure the funds are in their Pay Pal account to issue a refund through Pay Pal but can still issue a check. I once again reiterated that I want the funds returned to my Pay Pal account and that they have had 7 days to make the arrangements necessary to do that. Additionally, they can use their bank account as back up funding!

I believe this is just a stall tactic on their part--if they issue a check, they can hold on to the funds longer. I have tried to make them understand I need the money to pay bills, and that the fault was on their end and not mine since I was not permitted to review my transaction before it went through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2014 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iFreelancecom/internet/iFreelancecom-Collected-annual-fee-instead-of-monthly-Internet-1137056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iFreelance.com

Collected annual fee instead of monthly

AUTHOR: Brenda - ()

I finally received my refund but not until after I contacted the parent company, Internet Brands. Within hours of filing a complaint with Internet Brands, I received my refund through Pay Pal as originally requested.