Complaint Review: iPage

• Submitted: Wed, July 20, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, July 20, 2011

• Reported By: thedrewagency — United States of America

iPage Illegal billing practices kep me from feeding my family... Internet

After using ipage for a year for domain registration and web hosting, I decided to just use them this year for the domain, but not for the hosting, as their costs more than doubled in one year.  I used their website billing to renew the domain for $12.99 a year.  I then got a receipt for that purchase.  The next day I noticed another charge appeared for over $100, throwing my account into a negative state and causing the bank to charge me an additional $200 in fees!!!  After trying to contact them by phone for hours and never getting anyone, I used their online chat support which apparently is outsourced.  After explaining the situation to them over and over again, and letting them know due to their negligence I could not feed my family, they reluctantly said they would reverse the charges in 10 days!!!!  And of course, didn't care about the hardship and fees they cost me! So even though I am not using them, they cost me $200 and hungry kids!  Obviously a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2011 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iPage/internet/iPage-Illegal-billing-practices-kep-me-from-feeding-my-family-Internet-755699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iPage