Complaint Review: iYogi

• Reported By: SWalker — ATLANTA United States of America
iYogi
India Internet United States of America

iYogi Credit Card Fraud Internet

I just got off with Sr. Customer Service Supervisor, Mirmalya Roy with iYogi of India. My complaint was that in 2009 I was contacted by an iYogi representative and offered the opportunity to renew my agreement with the company. I refused to renew. I did not use their services for the next 3 years. I received an email today stating that my contract was about to expire and I should cleanup my computer. I contacted the company at the number given and did have my computer cleaned up. I also told them that I thought I did not have their service because I did not renew with them. I was informed that 300 dollars was taken from my credit card account in June of 2009. The problem is the number they had to reach me was disconnected. They sent me two emails saying they could not reach me at the registered number. Believing I had not renewed, I searched my emails today with an iYogi supervisor (a different one) and discovered an email sent stating they could not reach me and 4 days later an email welcoming me to iYogi. I opened these email in front of their supervisor. They stated they charged my card 300 dollars in 09, gave me no service for almost 3 years and did not hear from me over that time period. They went 1 year and 10 months with no contact whatsoever, no emails or calls. They recognized I got no service. They offered me initially nothing. The second offer was 6 months of free service. The next offer was either 1 year of service or a 100 dollar refund. The next offer was i year service plus 1 year McAfee anti viirus protection or 100 dollars refund. I have accepted none of their offers because I did not approve the charge against my card and have proof I did not. I was given the offer take it or leave it. I feel I am either due a refund of my money or three years of service. My other option is to complain to the powers to be and/or file a small claims action which they will spend more defending than what I am asking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iYogi/internet/iYogi-Credit-Card-Fraud-Internet-882628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iYogi