Complaint Review: iYogi

• Reported By: PDDET — Los Angeles California
iYogi
Internet USA

iYogi Total scam Internet

I made the mistake of allowing a "technicain" from this company to access my computer. In the process of "fixing" it, he installed a program he said would allow him to remotely access the computer at any time in the future...should I require help.

What he actually did was move files from the operating system. The next time I tried to log on, the computer was unuseable. I ended up having to reinstall the operating system and essentially rebuilding the computer...all thanks to iYogi.

Earlier this year I started getting calls from iYogi. They were always the same. "We've discovered a problem with your computer." I patiently explained that was impossible given the fact that their program was no longer on the computer. Each time the person hung up on me.

Starting in April, I got an average of two calls a week from iYogi. While irritated, I remained calm and explained that I no longer had use for their services. Each time, I made it clear that I did not want to renew and to leave me alone.

The last time was around the 19th of May. That was when I lost my temper and told the "supervisor" what I thought of their lousy and questionable business practices.

Today (5/25/13) I discovered a charge of $39.99 against my account for Total Defender software by iYogi on 5/22/2013. I immediately filed a dispute and I have no intention of backing down. The $40.00 isn't even an issue.

This company is a complete fraud staffed by incompetent nitwits with not even the vaguest idea of how a computer works. The fact that they went ahead and charged me for something I told at least five different people I didn't want shows how unethical and crooked they are. Talk about moral bankruptcy.

There is no excuse for this. I speak well and clearly. I have no problem making myself understood. It was not a matter of miscommunication. Five people were told the same thing and someone chose to "renew" something I told five people I was no longer interested in.

The biggest joke, next to their customer service, is their use of the words "good karma" in their advertising. I predict a lot of people are going to come back as a tick on a goat's hind quarters on a target range in Iraq.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2013 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iYogi/internet/iYogi-Total-scam-Internet-1053850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iYogi