Complaint Review: iboats

• Reported By: Steve — Manchester New Hampshire United States of America
iboats

iboats iboat Bimini top stainless steel upgrade misrepresentation Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Bimini top purchase from iboats.com

Went to iboats website and began ordering my bimini top.  Got the size, the color, and the stated mounting hardware which includes mounts for side or top surface.  Good, works for me, I need side mount set-up.  Going through all the paces windows pop ups showing selected product, and in this case, a pop-up stating free storage bag, and optional stainless steel upgrade for $99.  When you select the SS upgrade it shows you a picture of all the SS fittings that are upgraded....which includes an easily seen swivel type dual use top or side mount.  Guess what?  Included in my box was no storage bag, and fixed top mount ONLY brakets which do not work on my boat. So, the std bimin top harware includes a stated dual mount, and the picture of the SS upgrade shows the same dual mount in SS......ok.  Having planned my weekend and taking day off work to install this bimini, and looking forward to enjoying it, the disappointment sets in.  I call iboats and talk to Carin and she just blows smoke and claims the upgrade does not specify any mount type.  She does not seem to believe what it says on the web, or even cares.  She offers to send me the cheapo plastic dual mounts.  At this point, I'm not ready to accept what was not depicted in the ad.  I call westland, the makers of the bimini top set, and they claim they dont even have SS dual top or side mounts, despite the picture I'm looking at which suggests is included. I have left messages with no return calls from iboats.  Here it is 2 days later and no word of my useless bimini and have been forced to buy the correct mounts elsewhere and wait another week or so.  Buyer beware, you may not get what expect from iboats and or westland depsite doing the research of bad info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iboats/internet/iboats-iboat-Bimini-top-stainless-steel-upgrade-misrepresentation-Internet-764199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iboats

Bimini top purchase from iboats.com

AUTHOR: iboats.com - (USA)

I want to thank the customer who purchased the bimini top from us (iboats.com) for relaying his experience on "ripoffreport.com." While we do everything we possibly can to treat each customer like family, I recognize this customer did not feel he was provided with the level of service we work hard to provide.

The customer's comments have helped us improve our site by drawing attention to a picture that was incorrect. Certainly it was not our intent to provide misleading information, but we are appreciative to the customer for taking the time to detail the issue so we could fix it. We are better today because of him.

Less important, but possibly helpful information: When the customer informed us that his order was missing the storage boot and the swivel mounts, we placed an order with the manufacturer within 48 hours for both to be sent to him free of charge. We also contacted the customer several times without success which would explain the confusion on why he perceived we were not returning his calls.