• Report: #922057

• Updated: Tue, August 21, 2012

• Reported By: Tom — Manalapan New Jersey United States of America
iboats
iboats.com Internet United States of America

iboats iboats - don't delvier when they promise internet

*UPDATE Employee: Our Apology

I had the worst internet experience ever at a company called IBOATS (iboats.com). My boat was out of the water for repair and I wanted to add a boat leveler trim tab locator so I only had a limited time.  I checked around and iboats had a good price and showed on their website that 1 item was left in stock. I called on the phone and they confirmed that it was in-stock and they could ship it over-night that day (Wednesday).  When it didn't arrive on Thursday, they claimed that the shipping address had to be verified and that it was shipped on Thursday and I should get it on Friday.  I asked repeatedly for the tracking number and I kept getting a story promissing it was shipped but their "warehouse" had not called back with the tracking number.  Finally when it didn't show up on Friday, I got an e-mail from the apologizing that the item was on back-order.  This is after being promissed it was in stock and it would ship, and being told by two other employees that it shipped.  I canceled the order and will issue a cc chargeback to make sure I get the refund. So now I missed being able to install this.  I don't know what the purpose of all this lying was as they didn't get my business and now never will. If they told me that it was back-ordered, even on Thursday I had other places I could have gotten this from.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iboats/internet/iboats-iboats-dont-delvier-when-they-promise-internet-922057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iboats

Our Apology

AUTHOR: iboats.com - (USA)

On behalf of iboats.com, may I express our sincere apology to this customer for the poor experience he received. I have reviewed the order in detail and found that the vendor who stocks the product informed us that the product was in stock, so we proceeded with the order. The first issue occurred when the shipping address that was provided by the customer was missing the street address which we quickly (within 3 hours of the order being received) corrected with the customer. We received confirmation from the vendor that the product would ship the next day. When the product didn't ship, we contacted the vendor and inquired about the delay. It was not until this time that the vendor informed us that they had provided us with the wrong information and that the product was actually on back order.

While the explanation above provides some insight into why the situation ended as it did, we do not in any way excuse ourselves from taking responsibility for the poor experience this customer received. Our goal is to treat every customer as a member of the iboats family and we failed in this regard. We have expressed our sincere apology to the customer and have sent him a $50 iboats.com gift certificate as a token of our apology.

-iboats.com