Complaint Review: iboats.com

iboats.com
iboats.com Internet, Utah United States of America

iboats.com dishonest customer service Internet, Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Response

On January 19, I placed an order online for two 25 ft 2 gauge battery cables (Mallory part #9-11200 and 9-11201) and, on February 2nd, I received a package containing two tools that I never ordered (Mallory 9-79824 Stepless Clamp Pliers and Mallory 9-79825 Gimbal Brg Installer).

So, on February 2nd, I wrote to a customer service representative (Peter) to notify the problem and, two days later, he responded "Sorry, we do not ship internationally"!!! I wrote back asking of what they were talking about and never heard from them. I then call on February 6th and ask for a customer service supervisor (Jarom) and explain him the problem, as the previous representative is clearly clueless.

He deduct that a mismatch probably occur with their customs broker but, unfortunately, the items I want were now out-of-stock! They should get them in 10 days and ship them. The 18th of February (12 days later), I emailed him to check if they receive the cables but didn't get any answer. On the 22nd of February, I called and was told, after asking for him and giving my name, that he's on his lunch hour! I then leave a message and he, of course, never called back!

At first, I was ready to beleive in an honest error but I begin to think that they didn't have the items in the first place and try to send me any two other items. What was the chance that the items I ordered were the last two they have before being out-of-stock? And that the tools that I receive by "mistake" were also two consecutives parts numbers, like the cables I ask for? And to never get any responses, even after multiple calls or email...

It looks fishy...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iboatscom/Internet-Utah-Internet/iboatscom-dishonest-customer-service-Internet-Utah-1018903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iboats.com

Response

AUTHOR: iboats.com - (USA)

This kind of experience is simply not acceptable. Perhaps 1 miscommunication is understandable, but certainly not this many. I have contacted the customer and have done everything I can to make things right for him. We do our best to treat each customer like a member of our family of boaters and we sincerely apologize for the poor experience this customer received.