Premier

• Reported By: CPatrick — Buffalo New York
iBuyPower
529 N. Baldwin Park Blvd City of Industry, California USA

iBuyPower Failed to replace defective item California

In late September, 2013, my iBuyPower Gamer Paladin F875 was DOA with a faulty power supply.  My first attempt to report the issue resulted in the support tech asking me to troubleshoot the issue further, to eliminate the motherboard as the root cause of the problem.  I used a power supply tester to confirm that it was indeed the power supply.

My second attempt to reach iBuyPower's tech support resulted in my placement into their support call-back queue.  I never received a return call.

The next day I was able to speak to a support tech, who claimed that I would receive an email with RMA information within 24 hours, and be temporarily charged $110 as colateral for the replacement power supply.  The RMA email, and credit card charge never came.

Two days later, I again arranged for an RMA for the faulty power supply.  Again, no email and no credit card charge.

I waited two days, and contacted iBuyPower tech support a fifth time.  The support tech claimed that he would look into the RMA issue, and call me back.  Guess what?  I received no return call.

I then filed a claim with the Better Business Burreau.  Within a few days, I received notice from FedEx that a package was to be delivered from iBuyPower, but the package required a signature.  Because I could not arrange for someone to be at my residence to sign for the package, it was returned to iBuyPower.  Neither iBuyPower, nor FedEx would allow the package to be re-routed to my workplace.

After 2 weeks of iBuyPower's tech support run-around, and the inability to re-route a FedEx package, I gave up.  No more iBuyPower!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iBuyPower/City-of-Industry-California-91746/iBuyPower-Failed-to-replace-defective-item-California-1091935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iBuyPower