Complaint Review: identity plus protection

• Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: victim — ann arbor Michigan United States of America
identity plus protection
9597 Jones rd,#660 Houston, Texas United States of America

identity plus protection Called to tell me I was behind in payments for a service I never used! Houston, Texas

I recieved a call sometime in Nov/12 from a company, indicating i was past due with my payments,I asked her to explain and she stated it was for ID protection I owed, I could not remember signing up and told her I wanted to cancel, she said I could not do that until I paid the past due, we argued back and forth and did not come to a conclusion. since then I have been recieving calls from toll free numbers and also blocked numbers with messages left on my phone from the company.

On 12/14/14 I recieved a letter in the mail, informing me that my account has been referred to the company's loss prevention dept for collectn, with options to either pay $ 995.00 or a settlement of $ 696.50.

I called the number provided and spoke to a Mr Mark murphy(credit manager)who told me he was trying to help me since I was in good standing with them until my credit card stopped generating funds for them.He told me I had signed up in Nov 2011 and was bound by theat, i had actually signed up for the shoppers which I later cancelled, but payments of $19.95 kept coming out of my CC until oct'12.

I tried to tell him I do not remember sighning up,so he told me there was a recording. I insisted that I wanted to hear it, he played it to me but in the recording, when the man on the other side told me this was an ID theft protection,I told him that I do not need one since I already have one, he did not give me a chance and was rushing through the process to sign me up, eventually I went off the phone and I could herar him asking if I'm still there,  with no response to him they still processed the charge since I had already agreed to the shoppers offer.

so now they are threateaning to forward this to credit report agency.I would really like to move this forward legally because they are very fraudulent in their ways.The ID is marketed behind other offers and unfortunately, they ply on the fact that you cancel one service and do not think of the other.I'm ready to do what it takes to see them get prosecuted and repay all the unsuspecting victims they cheat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/identity-plus-protection/Houston-Texas-77065/identity-plus-protection-Called-to-tell-me-I-was-behind-in-payments-for-a-service-I-never-982305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on identity plus protection