Complaint Review: IDT Energy

• Updated: Fri, February 28, 2014

• Reported By: Pipolota — Galeton Pennsylvania
IDT Energy
550 Broad St Newark, New Jersey USA

IDT Energy almost TRIPLES rates in one MONTH! Rate went from 9.53 cents per kWh to 24.67 cents per hWh in One Month! Newark New Jersey

I ususally just have my Electric bill sent to my online billing.  I never look at the actual bill.  I see the amount and pay it.  This month I noticed that my bill was unusually high, so I decided to download it.  I noticed a name on the bill I didn't recognize, it was IDT, and the charge was more than double, almost triple my usual bill.  I have tried to call them, I have emailed them from their website.  First I coudn't get an answer at the number provided, then I got on eternal hold.

I called my electric company and after 30 min. of hold, I got told that IDT was my energy provider and that I had asked for them in 2012.  I said, never did.  Then Penelec said that there could change me but it would take a month.

They said that they couldn't do anything about the rate change from 9.53 cents per kwh to 24.67 cents per kwh.

I cannot believe that we can be ripped off like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDT-Energy/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/IDT-Energy-almost-TRIPLES-rates-in-one-MONTH-Rate-went-from-953-cents-per-kWh-to-2467-1127392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDT Energy