Complaint Review: ifixandrepair Melbourne Square Mall

• Submitted: Fri, August 17, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By: jthomas425 — Melbourne Florida United States of America
ifixandrepair Melbourne Square Mall
1700 West New Haven Avenue Suite 711 Melbourne, Florida United States of America

ifixandrepair Melbourne Square Mall Ipad2 missing Melbourne, Florida

Dropped off an Ipad2 on February 25 with water damage.  Received no contact from company for two weeks.  I went back into the store, and 'Claudio' said that nothing had been done with it, and that the guy that does water damage would not be back for several days.  Received a call back about five days later, stating that there was nothing they could do for any water issues and there was no corrosion so nothing was necessary for the water.  However they stated that the LCD needed to be replaced.  After coming into the store to discuss with Claudio, I authorized the replacement of the LCD.  About 4 weeks later I received a phone call that it was ready to be picked up.  I came into the store to pick up the ipad.  I was told at that time by Claudio that there was damage to some of the chips due to water damage.  This is what I originally brought in the ipad for was water damage and was told that there was no water damage.  Now I was being told that there was water damage and since the ipad wasnt repaired for water damage immediately that the damage could not be repaired.  When inspecting the ipad I noticed that the LCD was out of alignment by about 4 mm.  Claudio said they would repair it and call me back and that for my patience over the several months, and because it was not repaired properly, they would put a screen protector on the ipad at no cost.  I left the ipad with the store again.  I tried calling back several weeks later and they told me that it was still being worked on.  I continued to try and call back, but received no phone calls in return.  On August 17 I went back into the store to try and find out if it was ever going to be repaired, and I was told that Claudio and 'Kym' had authorized the ipad to be shipped to "corporate" under a "60 day policy".  I don't know what the 60 day policy is, but I was never called telling me that the ipad was fixed for the third time, and my phone calls were never returned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ifixandrepair-Melbourne-Square-Mall/Melbourne-Florida-32904/ifixandrepair-Melbourne-Square-Mall-Ipad2-missing-Melbourne-Florida-928818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ifixandrepair Melbourne Square Mall