Complaint Review: ifriends.com

• Updated: Thu, May 14, 2009

• Reported By:winter park Florida
ifriends.com
Internet, Florida U.S.A.

iFriends.com charged hundreds of dollars on my credit card for free membership Internet, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

I saw someone else file a report here about ifriends charging hundreds of dollars on their credit card for a "free membership". They did the exact same thing to me several years ago. I called and tried to cancel my "Free Membership" and they STILL kept charging me! I literally had to close my bank account and start a new one just to keep these assholes from continuously ripping me off!!!

I lost hundreds of dollars to these rotten bastards! I hope I can save others from falling into this same trap and I now see that I am not the only one this has happened to! I encourage anyone else who has had this happen to report it! What these assholes are doing is terribly wrong and they should be stopped! DON'T SIGN UP FOR THEIR FREE MEMBERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victimized
winter park, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2009 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ifriendscom/Internet-Florida/iFriendscom-charged-hundreds-of-dollars-on-my-credit-card-for-free-membership-Internet-F-450439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ifriends.com

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

We could not locate this user's account on the iFriends service however, we want to make sure that the issues he discusses are resolved to his complete satisfaction. Our Customer Care department is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1-800-243-9726, a toll-free number, and we encourage him to call and speak to a Customer Care representative.

Although some unscrupulous online companies may continue to charge membership fees after a user cancels, we do not. Once a user cancels his or her account, no new charges will be billed period. To incur new charges, the user must either reactivate and use the account, or create a new account and use that account.

We would like to rectify this user's perception of the iFriends service and his experience with it. We are committed to complete and continuing customer satisfaction for every single user of the iFriends service. We encourage this user to contact us directly so that we can resolve the questions and concerns that he still has about our service and our practices.

We have been in business for 13 years, and we have more than 9 million satisfied customers. We have consistently maintained excellent ratings with all leading consumer protection agencies. In addition, we have pioneered and developed online consumer best practices that have been adopted by many other services. The iFriends service is verified by TRUSTe and is on its sealholder list of the most trustworthy online businesses.