Complaint Review: Ignacio Auto Service

• Updated: Wed, November 27, 2013

• Reported By: Drek — Novato California
Ignacio Auto Service
74 hamilton dr. Novato, California USA

Ignacio Auto Service to sum it up, charged $180 labor for an oil change, and gave me an estimate paper with the jobs that hadn't been done Novato California

*Consumer Comment: Have to agree

*Author of original report: description of Labor

*Author of original report: Oil change for $300

*Consumer Comment: What was the vehicle?

I was a potential customer at Ignacio Auto Service in Novato California. One day, I brought my vehicle for an general oil change. The day before, I had a phone call with this mechanic, and he stated that it would cost around $50 over the phone, however, on that day, I brought my own oil which was $130, and asked him to throughly drain the motor because the oil that I brought was a different type of oil. Anyways, he and I also had a personal relationship, so I was staying around for two hours, and he charged me for $180 for the labor.

I couldn't think of any word to say about it at the time, and I divided not to take my business to this guy. Later on this guy sent me a hundred dollar bill without any reason that I think of. So I visited his shop and ask him what happened. He said it was for an oil change four months ago. I told him to wait for a moment until I figured it out with my bank. But this guy put that on my credit card again. And this is end of bussiness. Never going back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ignacio-Auto-Service/Novato-California-94949/Ignacio-Auto-Service-to-sum-it-up-charged-180-labor-for-an-oil-change-and-gave-me-an-e-1102696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ignacio Auto Service

Have to agree

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

Unless there is something I don't see, I wold have to agree that it's pretty darn steep.

I was just wondering why the oil you bought was about $20.00 a quart.

description of Labor

AUTHOR: Drek - ()

See the picture

Oil change for $300

AUTHOR: Drek - ()

Description of Labor

General inspection and check out

CHANGE OIL AND FILTER WITH CUSTOMER SUPPLIED ENGINE OIL(IT WAS RED LINE 6QUARTS)

FULLY DRAIN ENGINE OIL FROM OIL PAN ( this is what I asked)

Rotate tires

Clean break dust off wheels. ( I cleaned driver side wheels)

Top up fluid and air pressure

Reset service Reminder

ROAD TEST ( never has been done because I was there with friend and his kid for two hours, and the mechanic did go buy an ice cream for 3years old my friend's kid with his motorcycle but NEVER HAD A ROAD TEST)

finally I got $183.60 for an oil change, and I spent $120 for buying my oil. That added up little more than $300. For just an Engine oil change.

What was the vehicle?

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

You brought in oil that cost you $130.00?  How much oil was that? It couldn't have been for a regular car could it?

Most cars only take about 5 quarts.