Complaint Review: IGS ENERGY

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 16, 2009

• Reported By:Glen Ellyn Illinois
www.IGSENERGY.com Dublin, Ohio U.S.A.

I received unwanted letters from this company IGS ENERGY last year around 4/2008 stating that I could save money & that they were 5cents guaranteed lower than my curent provider,Nicor. I eventually called & asked about the program. I was told that my price would be lower than Nicor. I signed up & everything was fine until the winter months. My gas bill was almost $600 & it never has been that high. I called and was told by Nicor that my rate was more than double priced over their price of 38cents per therm. I immediately cancelled with IGS & they gave me hard time with that,asking questions, why I wanted to cancel & trying to offer me a lower rate but it was for ONE month. I get my next bill, today actually & it's 200 lower than last month but $400 is still very high,when you're used to paying $138 for winter bills. Nicor told me that IGS hadn't cancelled me, they only lowered my rate from $1.00 per therm to .79 cents. still double the Nicor's price per therm of .38cents. I called IGS Energy back, today and was told I was cancelled & that Nicor wouldn't cancel it. Nicor is not my supplier, IGS is. They told me this would be my final bill. Bottom line,people,stay with who you KNOW and use. IGS never contacted me, never told me the rates changes or go up during the winter months and they won't credit me the difference from the date I cancelled. I'm giving everyone my personal WARNING, beware of IGS ENERGY. I thought I was getting a savings but I was actually being overcharged all the while.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IGS-ENERGY/Dublin-Ohio-43017/IGS-ENERGY-IGS-ENERGY-HIDDEN-OVERCHARGES-Dublin-Ohio-434844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IGS ENERGY