Complaint Review: iherb.com

• Updated: Mon, August 05, 2013

• Reported By: Nick — Billings Montana
iherb.com
17825 Indian Street Moreno Valley, California USA

iherb.com Anybody selling or manufacturing the supplement Phenibut Phenibut, a supplement bought from iherb.com, put me into a coma following severe seizures Moreno Valley California

This last March I purchased a "health-food" supplement that is becoming popular called "Phenibut".  This supplement is touted as a safe stress reliever and sleep aid.  No precautions are openly noted by manufacturer or retailer.  In my case I purchased it online from iherb.com. Well, after ingesting this substance I woke up in a local hospital ICU after having been in a coma for over a week with kidney failure.  To add insult to injury, I had completely torn my quadriceps muscle which had to be surgically repaired in order for me to walk again.  The cause?  Seizures which had preceded the coma were so intense!  Before this ordeal I "was" a successful small business owner, however, related circumstances including the extensive hospital stay with no insurance, rehab, and bills changed my life to such a degree to that I am desperate and now near homelessness.

I have been going through absolute hell as my life has crumbling around me due to my use of this product. I probably will never be the athletically capable triathlete as I was prior to using this very dangerous supplement. With my subsequent online investgation it seems to be hugely lacking in its safety research.  After a wikipedia search, my doctor said the mechanisms of action seem to be largely vague but from what evidence he could substantiate, he felt this product sounded dangerous in many ways including how and what it effects the brain.  I've never sought legal council prior to this and have yet only been able to reach attorneys who do auto accidents, divorces, and bankruptcies.  And one attorney told me it would be impossibly expensive to fund the case.  Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iherbcom/Moreno-Valley-California-92551/iherbcom-Anybody-selling-or-manufacturing-the-supplement-Phenibut-Phenibut-a-supplement-1073211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iherb.com