Complaint Review: IHG

• Updated: Tue, October 15, 2013

• Reported By: steiner916 — Roseville California
IHG
PO Box 30321 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

IHG InterContinental Hotels Group Brands Did Not Send Gift Card on Redemption of Points. Falsly Claims it was Already Sent. Salt Lake City Utah

I ordered a 100 gift card to Bath and Body works using my IHG points. I did not receive the gift card. After several weeks I notified them. They confirmed that address and said that they re-sent the gift card. After about another month of not receiving it still, I notified them again. They said that they had sent it on August 12 (which was about when they were ogiginally suppose to send it) and they would not be sending it "again" because their policy is not to replace lost gift cards (even though it was them who lost it).

I don't belive the company has a policy of simply ripping people off by simply not sending the gift cards because I have successfully ordered from them in the past. If the card somehow doesn't make it to the customer's mail box and they did not send it certified mail and have no tracking, they have a obligation to replace it.

I am particularly upset because I am a very frequent traveler and have accumulated over 1,000 stays at Holiday Inn alone in the past few years. I have been exclusitly loyal to the brand for the past three years. I find it troubling that this company would opt to lose one of their best customers over a $100 Bath and Body Works gift card! This is why I am changing my loyalty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IHG/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130-0321/IHG-InterContinental-Hotels-Group-Brands-Did-Not-Send-Gift-Card-on-Redemption-of-Points-1092196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IHG