Complaint Review: IHIAA - John Petrowski

• Submitted: Thu, March 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 26, 2010

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
IHIAA - John Petrowski
1200 G Street, NW Ste 800 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

IHIAA - John Petrowski $20 a month to learn monkey business and get 'referred' to an IMO/FMO in Greenwood Village, Colorado Washington District of Columbia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: IHIAA Second Year in Business

*Consumer Comment: It's a rip off

* : John Petrowski is a good guy

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Best advise is see for yourself

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Best advise is see for yourself

Pay $20 a month to get info that I already know AND get jammed into an IMO out in Denver (Greenwood Village). These two are in cahoots to make your money! You're goddamn right there's an "association"!! If you research the IHIAA owner, John Petrowski on this site, you'll find multiple rip off reports.

Anonymous
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IHIAA-John-Petrowski/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20005/IHIAA-John-Petrowski-20-a-month-to-learn-monkey-business-and-get-referred-to-an-IMOF-437844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IHIAA - John Petrowski

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

IHIAA Second Year in Business

AUTHOR: Ihiaa - (U.S.A.)

As of this week we are celebrating our second year in business and now have the nation's largest network of independent health insurance agents.

Our only committment is to our members. First of all, we offer a full seven day money back "no questions asked" guarantee. If anyone joins and finds that the association does not offer value for the money, simply request a refund. Over the past two years, we have only received one such request.

Our month-to-month billing is non-contractual. We do not believe in contracts. If members are satisfied with our services they continue - if they are either not satisfied, leave the industry or simply want billing discontinued we honor all requests.

If you would like to sign up for membership and only pay $1 for the first month to see what we have to offer, enter coupon code 2288. This coupon code is only valid for the credit card option, not for the PayPal option.

To use the coupon code click the "become a member" tab on our website. Next to "19.95 per month" click "add to cart." When you check out you'll see a field titled "enter coupon code." Make sure your total before you pay says "$1.00."

It's a rip off

AUTHOR: Johnny - (USA)

I've seen this ihiaa website.  It's total bullsh*t.  No real information, just a bunch of pathetic losers, who are not selling insurance, bitching about trivial stuff.

A co-worker of mine showed me the site, and we saw nothing of interest - let alone value.  In fact, we contacted two of the recommended lead vendors, and both of them were out of business.

Save your money, this is a rip off.

#3

John Petrowski is a good guy

AUTHOR: Mike Lentini - (USA)

I love the opening line of the 'reporter" (Pay $20 a month to get info that I already know AND get jammed into an IMO out in Denver)

The fact that the author got 'jammed" into an IMO shows he doesn't really know anything. John should charge people like you at least $40 per month, because you are twice the idiot that most insurance agents are, and you should have paid DOUBLE DUES.

I was a member of IHIAA for 1 year, and John did everything he could to help his members create a good business and make money selling good products.

Unfortunately, over 90% of health insurance agents are complete retards that could not sell their own mother a policy (actually, with respect to Mark Whiffen, I heard his mother had a sex change last year so she probably is actually uninsurable)

When you do business in such a heavily saturated retard zone like health insurance sales, you are bound to get a few of them upset, so they make up fake posts here.

Don't listen to these FAKE posts.

Mike L

AUTHOR: Health Insurance Lady - (U.S.A.)

If you checked in to IHIAA at all you would find that John has done an exhaustive amount of work that would take any new or seasoned agent months to perform.... that is if they are working. When my partner and I found IHIAA we were searching and laying out options for the growth of our business. What John gave us was an inordinate amount of non-biased information/research.... and some admittedly biased information since he has his own stories to tell. The kind of information he gives is invaluable to all agents... we have access to discounts that many of us take advantage of and then we all share our experiences with eachother. If you mess with one of us - you potentially are messing with all of us... and as an independent agent, sitting in my home, not connected to a large office with many other agents milling around for conversation and opinions, I completely appreciate the honesty of my fellow IHIAA agents. The attitude is professional and fun and we are on the cutting edge of everything offered for brokers today ... and John is out there cutting deals for us... so we can keep selling and not spend our days talking to all these companies and getting swindled!

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Best advise is see for yourself

AUTHOR: Ihiaa - (U.S.A.)

Instead of rebutting odd reports like this which pretty much is a waste of time to fight anonymous people, the best way to handle it is this; anyone reading this and wondering if the association is of value just join with your first month free. After the first month if you choose to continue it's your option. That's how confident we feel about what we have to offer.

So if you want the first month free trial just contact us - our information is on our website, www.ihiaaa.com

There are a lot of businesses that ask to become affiliates because of our large membership. Most often we say no especially to agencies who want to recruit that really don't bring anything to the table. Those agencies are not happy when I won't allow them to recruit members so my best guess is the "ripoffreport" is their best outlet.

One of the largest issues in this industry, as many agents reading this may very well know, is being trapped in contracts. Simply put, once you sign appointment paperwork you cannot move those appointments without a release, which most agencies don't honor.

We will only recommend that agents get contracted when there's an upfront release. This means if you choose to leave the agency you can do so at any time, with your book of business and don't have to fight for a release.

Most agencies are VERY opposed to this. Why? They don't train or support their agents and trapping them in contracts is the only way they can stay in business. The IHIAA is fighting these clauses. Independent agents should be able to contract with whoever they want and as long as they don't have a debit balance they should be free to move their contracts at will.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company