Complaint Review: IKEA USA

• Updated: Thu, July 15, 2010

• Reported By: merda — manchester New Hampshire United States of America
IKEA USA
1 IKEA WAY stoughton, New Hampshire United States of America

IKEA USA STOUGHTON Massachusetts New Sink Missing Parts, won't let me buy them stoughton, New Hampshire

I purchased a Odensvik Sink part#70180804 on 4/11/10 at Ikea in Stoughton MA. for a house we started building in May 2010.  We installed the sink (glued onto) an Ikea Vanity (attached to the wall) 7/1/10.  The plumber arrived on 7/12/10 to install it, he said it is missing parts/piping that CAN'T be purchased locally because of the odd size and configuration of this unit.
I called Ikea and asked to buy the parts that are missing.  They said no, you missed the 90 day return policy by 4 days.  I don't want to return it, I just want to get the correct size piping to hook it up.  They said there's nothing they can do?   Are they serious? a brand new sink and I can't use it because of European piping sizes.  I will have to destroy the sink and possible the cabinet it is glued to, just to find another sink vanity to use. They are the worst customer service I have ever experienced.  I am Livid. I am NEVER buying another item from them and I am spreading the word NOT to purchase anything from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2010 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IKEA-USA/stoughton-New-Hampshire-/IKEA-USA-STOUGHTON-Massachusetts-New-Sink-Missing-Parts-wont-let-me-buy-them-stoughton-623593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IKEA USA