Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By: Cynthia — Chattanooga Tennessee United States of America
ILD Teleservices, Inc.
Broadway New York, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 800-433-4518
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

ILD Teleservices, Inc. Rip Off Company located blocks from State Attorney General New York, New York

Almost a year ago, a new charge appeared on our company's AT&T telephone bill. I called AT&T and asked what "ILD Teleservices, Inc" charge for $37.57 represented. They said it was billed on behalf of Quick Webpages.Net.LLC and I'd have to call them.  I told the AT&T rep not only did I have no idea who these people were,  how could a charge be added when we have a lock on our account with only 2 people authorized to make changes.  She advised me they were required by law to allow a third party to add charges to an AT&T bill ???????

I called Quick Webpages, told them we had never heard of them, much less do any business with them, and asked who authorized the charges.  Their reply was "Sally". Try again, we don't have a Sally. They said well it must have been a former employee.  When I told her we only employ 8 people and I'd been at the company for 30 years and knew everybody who had ever worked for this company, they immediately told me they would put in for a credit.  This went on for a year so the total billing came to $450.00.  I started short paying the AT&T bill after 4 months with no credit, and AT&T kept billing us implying they would disconnect our company phones if we didn't pay the unpaid balance.

I called the FCC thinking that would be the governing agency, he told me I would have to report it to the FTC who took my report and advised that I should also report them to the Attorney General of the state where they are based. After taking my time to complete the reports (it turns out this illegitimate company is blocks from the N.Y. Attorney General), I called the company and told them I had reported them to FTC and NY Attorney General.  Miracously we received half the refund on the next month's bill and the other half on the following month.

Hope this solution will be helpful to any other victim in getting a resolution.  Don't waste your time trying to get AT&T to help, go straight to FTC and State AG.

If there is indeed a law that allows a third party to add a charge to a telephone bill with absolutely no proof that anyone authorized it, it needs governmental priorty to be changed!  Maybe that can be tackled right after we get through testing the effects of pot on monkeys.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices-Inc/New-York-New-York-/ILD-Teleservices-Inc-Rip-Off-Company-located-blocks-from-State-Attorney-General-New-Yor-640584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices, Inc.