Complaint Review: iluvfabrix.com

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Catherine Statham — Gonzales Louisiana USA
iluvfabrix.com
4725 Ripley, Unit B El Paso, Texas United States of America

iluvfabrix.com Michelle Tennen I bought drapery fabric from them and it was defective. I called and finally convinced them that it was defective and received a return number for returning the fabric. El Paso, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dont cut fabric, look at it first

I bought some drapery fabric from this company that was defective.  The design on the fabric was not on the straight of the fabric.  It was about 6 inches off from being on the straight of the grain, and would not have hung straight if I had used it to make a Roman shade.

After much explanation and being told that they had sold many yards of the fabric without a complaint, I got a return number to return the fabric.  I shipped it back to them at my own expense.  I waited a week after they had received it.  (I had a return receipt from the post office as to when it was delivered).  I called them since I had heard nothing.  They confirmed that the fabric was indeed flawed.  I had sent a letter with the fabric asking for a refund if they did not have a fabric that was not flawed to send to me.

They had shipped a new piece of fabric to me only that day, a week after they had received the flawed piece.  After receiving the new piece of fabric, I started to cut it out.  I found a flaw in it where threads were missing from selvage to selvage.  There was also a grease spot on it.

I emailed this company and also called them on the phone and left a message as to what I had found wrong with the second piece they had sent me.  I received no response to either form of communication.  I then called them and talked with Diane on the phone.  She assured me that ai would hear from them the next day.

I have yet to hear anything from them.  This company ripped me off.  They do not care for their customers.  All they want is to sell to them second quality fabric, when they market it as first quality designer fabric and then say 'No Returns'.  DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.  YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2009 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iluvfabrixcom/El-Paso-Texas-79922/iluvfabrixcom-Michelle-Tennen-I-bought-drapery-fabric-from-them-and-it-was-defective-I-511018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iluvfabrix.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dont cut fabric, look at it first

AUTHOR: iluvfabrix.com - (United States of America)

I find this complaint confusing.

All fabric goes through four levels of quality control before the package is sealed and it is sent to the customer.

It is true that some fabrics, when cut, do fray a little on the ends.  This is a feature of the fabric, not a factor of anything we did or the quality of the fabric.

The customer should nto have cut the fabric before examining it.

Obviously the type of fabric she chose was not consisten with the type of job she was looking to use it for.  It happens.

That is not our fault in any way.

She should have returned it for a different type of fabric that doesn't fray.

We would have gladly done that for her.

John Fuller, Managing Partner,  iluvfabrix.com