Complaint Review: iluvfabrix.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Karla — Dallas Texas United States of America
iluvfabrix.com

iluvfabrix.com Alex iluvfabrix.com Sold Dirty Defective Fabric Under the Guise of a 'Designer' Brand, and Refused to Return My Money. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Person is Totally Mistaken

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is the same complain as the one appearing directly before it..it was filed twice

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I think there is a problem with this complain

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Complaint Sounds like they are complaining about the wrong company

*Author of original report: iluvfabrix.com Sold Dirty Defective Fabric and Will Not Refund My Money

DO NOT buy fabric from iluvfabrix.com.  I did, and now I am stuck with dirty defective fabric that cost me $1,200+.

I ORDERED a cut velvet upholsery fabric from iluvfabrix, but I RECEIVED a dirty shedding chenille that attracts other fibers. I showed the fabric to a local upholsterer, and she asked me if the fabric was second-hand. The fabric is a MESS!

I want to return the fabric for a refund; but Alex, a representative of iluvfabrix.com, refused to grant my request. He knows the fabric is dirty and defective so initially, he said I could get a store credit for the purchase price.  I responded, "I want a refund." Alex did not reply.  I continue to email Alex, and he has yet to answer.

iluvfabrix.com is a TOTAL RIPOFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iluvfabrixcom/internet/iluvfabrixcom-Alex-iluvfabrixcom-Sold-Dirty-Defective-Fabric-Under-the-Guise-of-a-Desig-750844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iluvfabrix.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Person is Totally Mistaken

AUTHOR: iluvfabrix.com - (United States of America)

First of all, there is not, nor has there ever been an employee of iluvfabrix.com named Alex.

Secondly, we have no knowledge of who this person is, because each and every piece of fabric that leaves our fabric warhouse goes through four levels of quality control before the package is sealed.

it is always the a possibility that the package could be damaged in transport and the fabric might then consequently get dirty, but that does not seem to be mentioned here.

WE often refund if need be, but our fist order of business is to request pictures of the soiled fabric to verify what the person is seeing.

If we concur the fabric is flawed in any way, we would request the return of the fabric at our cost, and we would replace the fabric and replace it, or give a refund if we no longer have any of the fabric left to replace.

Lastly, I need to point out without specifically mentioning any company names, but we often get these kinds of calls about wrong fabric being sent or fabric received dirty, and when we ask the person for the fabric identification number, they quote a number which does not exist on our system.  It turns out, they bought the fabric from another site with the name d_va as part of the title.  It is a natural mistake as this company completely ripped off our website design and looks very similar to ours.

They are run by a couple of New York sharpies who are not in business for the long term...we have been in business for 25 years and counting.  They rip people off and then cant be found.

Thus, this complaint should be directed at our competitor d_____d_va-------.

John Fuller, Managing Partner, iluvfabrix.com

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: iluvfabrix.com - (United States of America)

I just read the unfortunate report from this buyer. First let me say that we have been in business for 25 years and pride ourselves in the quality of the fabric we sell, and our after sales service. Any company in business for as long as we have been has had the odd complaint waged against them. We always step right up and attempt to correct the issue asap.

I need to also say that we do not, and have not EVER had any employee or friend or family member of the owners work here that has the name Alex, Alexander or any variant of that name, or anything that sounds remotely like it. I believe they are accusing the wrong company and this has happened a few times before.

Another company, a competitor, started business by going to the company who designed our web site and had them copy our site, the site I designed, exactly.....so the sites look almost identical.  This of course was a situation which I could have fought in the courts, but did not.  I took a live and let live attitude.

But we have, from time to time, received phone calls from people complaining about fabric they received, emails about same, and when we asked them for the Product ID number to identify the fabric, they produced a number that does not exist in our database.  It ultimately was realized that the fabric came from the other company that copied our website.

I wont say their name other than to say their initials are D----- D--- Fabrics.  I have no idea what this person is complaining about, but if they write me directly at info@iluvfabrix.com and it indeed is one of our fabrics (THOUGH THIS IS VERY DOUBTFUL), I will personally see to it that they are treated properly asap and that we will rectify any fabric problem they have.

It must also be said that sometimes we have seen people mistreat the fabric after they receive it and then try to blame the problems on us.  WE DO NOT sell seconds EVER!!   All our fabric comes directly from the mills or the fabric wholesalers and is absolutely perfect when it leaves our facility.  Fabric goes through four levels of quality control before it is packed and shipped, which is why I am doubtful of this claim.

We have many, many thousands of highly satisfied customers who come to us again, and again and again, and wouldn't buy anywhere else because they get the best fabrics at the best prices from us.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I think there is a problem with this complain

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Complaint Sounds like they are complaining about the wrong company

iluvfabrix.com Sold Dirty Defective Fabric and Will Not Refund My Money

AUTHOR: Karla - (USA)

I ORDERED a cut velvet upholsery fabric from iluvfabrix, but I RECEIVED a dirty shedding chenille that attracts other fibers. I showed the fabric to a local upholsterer, and she asked me if the fabric was second-hand. The fabric is a MESS!

I want to return the fabric for a refund; but Alex, a representative of iluvfabrix.com, refused to grant my request. He knows the fabric is dirty and defective so initially, he said I could get a store credit for the purchase price.  I responded, "I want a refund." Alex did not reply.  I continue to email Alex, and he has yet to answer.

iluvfabrix.com Sold Dirty Defective Fabric and Will Not Refund My Money