Complaint Review: Image medical spa

• Updated: Tue, April 08, 2014

• Reported By: Hurtinfl — Parkland Florida
Image medical spa
1324 se 17th street Fort Lauderdale , Florida USA

Image medical spa Zhanna Zitsbank, angela armenakis Mirella Tassioupolus Injectable scam Fort Lauderdale Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: About us

I went here with a groupon for botox and got sold on what was supposed to be a temporary hyaluronic acid filler (juvederm plus)while in the chair.  The "botox" stung but didn't do what it was supposed to do.  What exactly did they inject?  The filler caused lumps, discoloration, wrinkling, pain, pressure and intermittent swelling which can be very disfiguring at certain times and in certain lighting.  There is an ancedote to dissolve unwanted  hyaluronic acid Fillers.  In the last year and a half, I have tried dissolving the filler many times and it has not worked.  Various doctors have told me I must have been injected with a permanent substance and that is why I've been having so many issues.

The med spa would not release my medical records to my doctor.  Finally the owner agreed to release my records if I came in and took a photo in a darker room smiling with my lips closed.  I guess she wanted a photo to hide the lip deformity her med spa created.  Desperate to get my records and because I have nothing to hide I agreed.   Yeah when I smile with my lips closed in certain lighting I look less deformed.  When I received my medical records I noticed there were things missing and altered.

Recently other people have reached out to me sharing stories of being harmed by this med spa.  I called the office to discuss my concerns regarding the unknown substances they have injected, but I have not heard back.  The owner of this medspa has not even offered a refund for these horrible injections or reimbursement for my medical bills.  In fact I was charged for their unsuccessful attempt to dissolve their product.

If you had bad injections at this medspa or were harmed in another way please report them with the health department and reach out to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2014 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Image-medical-spa/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33316/Image-medical-spa-Zhanna-Zitsbank-angela-armenakis-Mirella-Tassioupolus-Injectable-scam-1137409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Image medical spa

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

About us

AUTHOR: IMS - ()

Hello, My name is Mirella, and I am one of the owners of Image Medical Spa. Let me assure you that our products are 100% authentic and purchased directly from Allergan, Galderma, and Merz all American manufacturers of products such as Botox, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse and Latisse. The sales Representatives of those companies attend every event we have at the medspa. Therefore, our products are safe, proven to work and backed by the original American pharmaceutical manufacturers.

Image Medical Spa has reached Diamond Level Award (2013-2014 ) with Allergan USA the makers of Botox, Juvederm & Latisse. And we have reached Chairman Level with Galderma (Previously Medicis) for 2013-2014.

This award is reserved only for a leading Medical Spa in the U.S. based on product purchased.

Our staff consists of a group of doctors, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners all licensed in the state of Florida. Our highly trained professionals attend training and earn certifications in the latest injectable techniques.