Complaint Review: iMovers

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: KSQ — new bedford Massachusetts
87 Sunset Trail denville, New Jersey USA

iMovers AJ at iMovers Bait & Switch. Sleazy. denville New Jersey

This was a Horrible experience. I was contacted by AJ at iMovers and was given a quote, not an estimate, of $275.00 to move my car. I spoke with him on the phone and he assured me several times that this was the bottom line dollar amount and that amount would not change. He sent me a receipt for $275.00. The day before the scheduled move, the driver still had not contacted my cousin in PA, where the car was being picked up. AJ then explained to me that this was actually a bidding process and that it would now cost me $695.00 to move the car! $695.00! I explained to him that my husband's car had been hit and totalled outside of our house and we needed that Camry that my cousin was loaning us until we could buy another car. That was more than double what he quoted me. I appealed to his sense of integrity for himself and the reputation of his business, but he apparently doesn't have any integrity or a decent work ethic. I received a call from Peter, a customer service person who gave me many apologies, but no resolution. They never moved the car and refused to honor the price they quoted me. I spent a week of intense worry and aggravation. I ended up having to contract with a different company who charged me more money. I appealed to iMovers to pay me the difference but they refused. I have contacted an attorney. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, they are sleazy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iMovers/denville-New-Jersey-07834/iMovers-AJ-at-iMovers-Bait-amp-Switch-Sleazy-denville-New-Jersey-1121130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iMovers