Complaint Review: Ims Barter

Ims Barter
New Berlin, Wisconsin USA

Ims Barter Club Pyramid New Berlin Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: IMS continues to work great for me

I run a small business and was called by an IMS Barter representative. It seemed like a good Idea and I soon had some business for which I was paid with IMS Barter dollars. I continued to collect about 300. The brochure that I was given showed many, many opportunities to spend the Barter Dollars that I had earned. IMS called me and gave me some business that I was unable to do. I charged nothing for my effort despite having made two 15 mile trips. At that point IMS canceled my account. But I still had the Barter dollars. I needed some dental work so I went to a dentist and tried to spend the IMS dollars. After the work was complete, the dental office said I would have to pay cash because they could not contact the IMS representative to take my Barter dollars. I asked if I could pay with barter dollars later and get my cash back (an amount of half the bill). The dental office said no. This went on for some time. I was unable to use the barter dollars I had earned anywhere,. About a year went by and my barter dollars were going to be canceled, so desperately after many calls, I found something to purchase. Total junk! of course! Overall impression, elitist insider club that takes advantage of newbies, you can provide services for 'Barter Dollars', but good luck doing something with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2014 11:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ims-Barter/New-Berlin-Wisconsin-53151/Ims-Barter-Club-Pyramid-New-Berlin-Wisconsin-1112494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ims Barter

IMS continues to work great for me

AUTHOR: Gary - ()

As an IMS member, I want to respond.

We have heard one side of the situation.  Usually, there are three versions to a story, not sure why IMS has not responded.  It is very seldom that I hear about a dissatisfied IMS member who truly understands how to use and benefit from the system.

I am VERY happy to be a member of IMS Barter.  IMS brought us thousands of dollars of extra business, business that we would not have had without IMS.  There is not one day of the year that goes by that we are not spending IMS somewhere. IMS and barter have immensely enhanced our lifestyle.

We greatly appreciate all the great clients in IMS who understand the system, and welcome us every time we give them business.  My wife and I love to eat out.  With IMS, we have a great selection of restaurants.  In addition, there is online shopping, thousands of dollars of product available. In no way can I list all the ways we have benefitted from IMS, but here is a short list

Medical doctor

Ceiling texturing

Windstar Van

Accountant

Many, many enjoyable meals at quality restaurants

Accommodations in other cities

Plumbing repair

Auto body repair

Storage box units

Birthday cakes

Forklift

Tickets to Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert

Women's clothing and accessories from botique shops

….. and about 50-100 more.