Complaint Review: Information Brokerage Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, April 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Eric — Marietta Georgia United States of America
Information Brokerage Services, Inc.
Shawnee Mission, Kansas United States of America

Information Brokerage Services, Inc. IBS, Inc. Misleading or deceptive advertising Shawnee Mission, Kansas

*General Comment: Petty complaints

*General Comment: know as micheal forbes address is billy william bradshaws

IBS, Inc.  advertised a $2,500 website is mine free if I act now.  So I sent IBS, Inc. my $76.95 for the advertised "free" website that will automate my business.  When I get materials, including CDs, etc., from IBS, Inc., I learn from IBS, Inc. that in order to get the free website that they said they (IBS, Inc.) would give me, I have to pay IBS, Inc. $29.95 a month for my website monthly maintenance fee.

This monthly maintenance fee is not mentioned in their advertisement, just that they (IBS, Inc.) will give me a $2,500 website free if I send in $76.95 "...if I Act Now!"  So now, I learn that IBS, Inc. cannot or is unwilling to give me the website they advertised until I pay them an additional $29.95 every month.  So IBS, Inc. stating that they will give me a free website if I get the $76.95 to them in time is is disingenuous to say the least.  I say it is misleading and deceptive because in their ad they go on to describe how their business runs virtually on auto-pilot on the Internet, describing how it will make the IBS Distributor's life so easy.

I find appalling that IBS, Inc. and their employees at least in the response from their support person is clueless that this tactic by them is or could be misleading and deceptive.  Their support person opined what a shame it would be that I would quit so early, but my question is why would I want to represent a company such as IBS, Inc. that engages in tactics such as these?  Especially, when they could easily mention in their ads that their "free" websites would be given upon payment of monthly maintenance fees of $29.95 per month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2011 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Information-Brokerage-Services-Inc/Shawnee-Mission-Kansas-66225/Information-Brokerage-Services-Inc-IBS-Inc-Misleading-or-deceptive-advertising-Shawnee-715545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Information Brokerage Services, Inc.

#1 General Comment

Petty complaints

AUTHOR: Jazz Beatnik - (United States of America)

After reading these complaints about IBS, inc., I would have to conclude that the only thing IBS is really guilty of here is creative marketing. Their copy definitely held the attention of the complainants (enough so that they actually studied it to find something wrong with it).

Deceptive? I wonder If the complainant has recently purchased website hosting. The least expensive hosting available (at standard rates. No discounts) is roughly 10 bucks a month with no extras. If IBS, inc. is hosting it for you, at let's say, $10 a month, the maintain it for you (I don't know in dollars how much that costs. But, I do know it takes several hours a week of scheduled maintenance), and they take care of the billing and order fulfillment (which I am concluding by what most business advertisers mean by "Auto-Pilot"). Well, even if they make a profit of $5 a month, it would be a pretty good deal. As far as the $2,500 website... yes it does cost that much to create a website. And that's on the low side of the cost. So, it sounds to me like you really do get a $2,500 website for FREE.

All in all, I find that this complaint is quite petty. It doesn't seem as if anyone is getting hurt here. In fact I wish I could have seen the add copy. Sounds entertaining at least. When ever one receives advertisements of any kind, all one has to do is use a little common sense (assuming one has common sense).

#2 General Comment

know as micheal forbes address is billy william bradshaws

AUTHOR: hate scams - (United States of America)

this is the same exact business i want to avoid. i am being pressed to join up by my spouse. i havent yet, ibs inc ,under micheal forbes is selling his sellbizopps company website idea for 70-80 dollars and a 29.95 monthly fee. he wants a copy of the first paypal  payment you make and or a canceled check from the account you use, for the monthly payments, sent to him by fax. after some research i learned that he has the address po box in shawnee mission kanas that william billy bradshaw used for the mortage manager.biz.  a henderson nevada company that has employee complaints on not getting thier money. another review thinks the guy was micheal w edgecomb who sells similar junk. there are people who think this company went to california selling the same thing. and utah. the money manager biz in kanas from bradshaw asks that no one from kanas place an order as thier distributor territories are full. he is selling the same thing idea wise to people like my husband under the same address as micheal forbes in the sell business opportunities who claims that u own 3 businesses for the initial payment and get a bonus company if you pay 29.95 a month to have them maintain your website. i dont know what the businesses are or what he is selling. but it is the same address different names  and  with a dept number for the nevada company. trying to avoid this, not into business on the we do it all, you make the money pay plan. especially at my loss. why would they need a copy of the pay pal record u pay them with or the canceled check sounds off to much for me.