Complaint Review: Inphonic

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2008

• Reported By:newark Delaware
Inphonic
9301 Peppercorn Place Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Inphonic.com RIPOFF Largo Maryland

*Author of original report: UPDATE

On February 2007, I received a cell phone from Inphonic(which I never ordered) I returned the phone to them on Feb. 22, 2007. A few weeks later I received a bill from Cingular for 111.85. I called Cingular and explained the situation to them and told them that I never ordered the phone and that the phone was returned to the third party (Inphonic) and that this acct. was never activated..Cingular put me on three way with Inphonic and confirmed that the phone was received in their warehouse in Largo, MD on 2.22.07.

On April 3, 2007, I got a cell phone bill from Cingular with a balance of $1107.74. I freaked out then calmed down, and called Cingular. The phone was used to call the Dominican Republic from March 10-17, 2007. Cingular told me that they again had to call Inphonic and confirm that the phone was received. Again they put me on three way and it was confirmed that the phone was received in the warehouse.

I then decided to call all the numbers in the cell phone bill and found out that the name of the person who used the cell phone is HENRY who lives in Maryland(same state the warehouse is located). I am assuming Henry works for the warehouse. I have tried to get Inphonics to connect me to the warehouse and they wont do it...They say they only email them, she said that she emailed the warehouse supervisor and explained the situation. Cingular then calls me and tells me they are crediting the acct. I not only want the acct. credited I want to locate Henry and make him pay for this bill, which me knowing Cingular it is going to come back and haunt me one day. I just wanted to get this out in the open, because I really am not getting anywhere. If they know I have the name of the person, why not try to locate this said person which I know works in their warehouse.

Ada
Newark, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2007 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonic/Largo-Maryland-20774/Inphoniccom-RIPOFF-Largo-Maryland-243815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonic

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Ada - (U.S.A.)

The phone number and fax number listed on this report is not the number for INPHONIC. those are wrong numbers. I suggest anyone that is going through this to report them to the Attorney General of Maryland. I reported them and I think everyone else should...