Complaint Review: insight communications

• Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: christine — charlestown Indiana United States of America
insight communications
4701 Commerce Crossing Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

insight communications I had to file a complaint with the FCC just to get an estimate for internet installation Louisville , Kentucky

Insight and at&t are my only choices for dsl.  At&t refused to cross the street for internet saying it was trying to faze out dsl in favor of u-verse, but they have no plans to include my area for u-verse.  Insight' s reply was "you can't afford it".  I complained to the fcc and was told Insight can charge what ever they want as a connection fee.  Afterwards Insight finally gave me an estimate of $13,000 dollars. Insight offered to knock $7,200 off the cost if I dig the trench and bury the wire for them.  When i told Insight that was outrageous, I was told Insight had so much business they could barely handle the customers they had so I wasn't worth their time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/insight-communications/-Louisville-Kentucky-40229/insight-communications-I-had-to-file-a-complaint-with-the-FCC-just-to-get-an-estimate-for-853085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on insight communications