Complaint Review: Insight Communications

• Submitted: Wed, September 07, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 08, 2011

• Reported By: Judy — louisville Kentucky U.S.A.
Insight Communications
Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Insight Communications overpayment Louisville, Kentucky

*Author of original report: satisfaction

My issue in a nutshell:  I have directed my bank to withdraw $50.00 every week to automatically pay my insight bill (as I have with all my other bills); just easier to budget.  I checked my insight account 2 weeks ago for the first time in quite awhile and realized, to my surprise, that I have a credit of $300 + and have been paying too much per week into the account.  So, therefore, since the money is MINE and I really could use it, I have attempted on 5 different occasions to retrieve it.  It has been the most difficult venture.........I have been told everything from "a check is in the mail" to we don't know what is going on to " your account is being credited."...........   and all this after hours of phone conversations.  2 weeks ago, the  voice mail that I got  ago was that we are still checking into this and can't release the funds, as they have not cleared your bank.  Seriously...........these are monies that have cleared weeks and months ago, as I have been using this process for quite awhile.............so, believe me, those payments have cleared over and over.  I can't even bring myself to call back Rachel (yet another agent) to explain this again.

I rarely send correspondence complaining about any services or products, but this one has me baffled.  Funny that when there was a time that I was behind on a payment, I got numerous calls, but now that it is my own money due me, I can't seem to get anywhere.

I contacted the CEO of Insight through e-mails and thought that this problem was finally resolved; but to no avail.  I was called yet, by another local representative, Lisa Johnson, and told that ...again, the check was in the mail on 2 different occasions but it has yet to find its way to my mailbox.

This has been over 3 weeks now and I don't seem to comprehend the difficulty in returning someone's own money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Insight-Communications/Louisville-Kentucky-/Insight-Communications-overpayment-Louisville-Kentucky-773809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Insight Communications

satisfaction

AUTHOR: Judy - (U.S.A.)

I finally received a check on 9/7, after more than 3 weeks of bantering, and was hand delivered an additional amount to compensate for the deduction of another billing period.  I appreciate the final acknowledgment of this problem and the intervention of the CEO of Insight, but customer service issues with this company really need to be resolved......