Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: Chris — jackson New Jersey
Instant Checkmate
Internet, USA

Instant Checkmate InstantCheckmate.com Doesn't deliver as advertised. Overcharges credit card. Only refunds half of money on complaint. Internet

This online background check service is a total ripoff!  All I wanted was my motor vehicle history which they advertised as a part of their report.  After a lengthy process of walking through a bunch of menus with long delays while it was supposedly searching the databases, I finally got to a screen whre I was told that the report was ready AND THEN (and only then) was I told that I had to sign up for a member ship for a minimum of a month and that this was going to be a recurring charge.

After thinking about it and getting desperate to see the report after such a long time spent on doing the search, I decided I would cancel the account immediately after getting the report and (unfortunately) gave them my credit card info.  Then I was prompted to 1) get a PDF report (didn't mention a charge) and 2) get the "premium" report for an additional $19.99. I did not see any way to get a report without signing up for the "premium" report and checked the necessary boxes.

I finally got the report downloaded and IT DID NOT CONTAIN ANY MOTOR VEHICLE HISTORY!!!When I got through to their customer service to complain, the agent didn't seem surprised at all and only said he would cancel any further charges to my credit card.  When I asked him about refunding my money, he said they could only refund 50%.  I called my credit card bank to dispute their charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 05:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/Internet-/Instant-Checkmate-InstantCheckmatecom-Doesnt-deliver-as-advertised-Overcharges-credit-1121672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate