Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Updated: Thu, October 17, 2013

• Reported By: tailback — Chatfield Texas
Instant Checkmate
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Instant Checkmate Checkmate A typical Vegas Crook. Very rude customer service people. Las Vegas Nevada

I wanted to check out one person's criminal background.  When I stumbled upon this website, it looked like just what I needed.  It said that a one month use of their facilities would cost $22.86.  So I signed up for one month.  I never used them after again after the month had expired.

Several months later, I discovered that they had been charging my credit card every month for the same $22.86.  I called them and talked to Jaimie.  What a rude lady!  She checked with her supervisor and they agreed to cancell the last charge of $22.86 and would not do anything further.

I was told by Jaimie that the page I used to order the thing in the first place had a notation that you had to call them and cancel if you wanted the charges to stop.  After the call, I went to their website to investigate.  That notation didn't appear in the page that I used to order a one month subscription.  After looking high and low, I found the notation in the rules of use of their site.  In other words, they couched the language in very small print on a page that they knew no one would read.

Everyone should avoid doing business with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Instant-Checkmate-Checkmate-A-typical-Vegas-Crook-Very-rude-customer-service-people-1092676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate