- Report: #1042979
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate
Instant Checkmate4330 South Valley View Blvd, Suite 112 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America
Instant Checkmate Pretty Slick! Las Vegas, Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I chose Instant Checkmate, making certain that the wording didn't trap me into a recurring monthly "fee"..... I only wanted one use of the service for one fee. I found the option and used it for a one-time price of $19.99. 7-months later I saw that my credit card had been charge for a whopping $139.00.
It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I finally have it figured out:
1. Though promised, there is no such thing as a "one-time" pay and search. Regardless of the wording to the contrary, the company WILL sign you up for a recurring monthly fee even though you never used the service (I never had the occasion to go back).
2. The company waits 7-months to bill you, because it apparently wants to ambush you with a much bigger fee. If your card was charged every money --- like any legitimate business --- people would cancel after the first $19 bill. By waiting 7-months, the company can stick you with a 7x higher bill before you notice.
If you ask the company why it waits so long to bill, it will deny it, and blames your credit card company for not running the charge through on time. That is possible, except that the exact same thing seems to happen to all customers (victims) regardless of the card they use.
You also cannot access or modify any data on your account... the link just isn't there. Which eans of course that you also can't cancel, or remove the credit card info.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instant-Checkmate/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Instant-Checkmate-Pretty-Slick-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1042979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.