Complaint Review: instantcheckmate.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Jeremy — Tampa Florida United States of America
instantcheckmate.com
3995 W. Quail Ave, Ste. B, Las Vegas, Nevada 89118 Internet United States of America

instantcheckmate.com Instant Checkmate LLC Instantcheckmate.com lied about refunding charges, even tries to bill me for additional charges. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: WOW... YOU ARE CONFUSED

I used the service one time and cancelled. You can only cancel by phone. The woman told me you have to be billed for two months automatically even though their terms of service say you can cancel after one month. She then agreed to refund the second month. She did not.  Nor did they cancel because they continued to bill me. I called again and they said they would refund but still did not.

As soon as you call to cancel the person on the lines begins to tell you why you have to be billed for two months before you even say what you called about. They then act as if they are doing you a favor by returning the overcharge before you can ask for that either. But it doesn't happen and they continue to bill.

If you look at the site and decide to go somewhere else you get a popup that offers the search for a dollar. If you bypass that you get to another page that offers it for 95 cents for five days. But try to cancel after 5 days and it won't happen. Since it's over the phone there's no way to prove you cancelled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/instantcheckmatecom/internet/instantcheckmatecom-Instant-Checkmate-LLC-Instantcheckmatecom-lied-about-refunding-char-952588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on instantcheckmate.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

WOW... YOU ARE CONFUSED

AUTHOR: MaJa - (United States of America)

I believe you called the wrong company. I started a monthly membership for 22.86. Now I KNOW it was monthly because it says it 3 different times...right where you enter the card information. Regardless I am skeptical about companies like this, you know, telling you you can cancel and when you do cancel they tell you all these reasons and terms to why you cannot cancel when you wish. So needless to say I called customer service immediately after creating my account. When I called I was startled and a little upset to hear the account I just made was unable to be located (here we go again!) I feel bad about it now, but I started yelling at the Customer service Rep. because I felt I was taken advantage of. The Representative I spoke with just ignored all my insults and told me to be patient while she scans the recent sign ups. I waited and about 5 more minutes into the phone call she said an account literately JUST popped up in the system and  she kindly set it to cancel. I used the service for 30 days and it terminated on the termination date I was given when I cancelled. The site isn't that great but the customer service... UP TO PAR! I WAS COMPLETELY SATISFIED! :)