Complaint Review: instantcheckmate.com

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: karen — sacramento California United States of America

instantcheckmate.com unknown info given after payment was completely inaccurate, claimed that individual was married to someone other than his wife. Internet

when a search was made for an individual who is a member of my family, the information that was given as an inticement to pay the fee necessary for the entire report to be made available, that information was correct and offered enough details for me to believe it would be worthwhile to pay for the report. After doing so, I was given a link that delivered me to a page with what was supposed to be the background report, which was to include general information on where he had lived, what his profession was, whether or not there was any criminal history, as well as any familial ties. Every single category that I looked at was either totally false or lacking in information that I knew should have been there.

The most alarming details, however, were those that I found after clicking on family. He was said, in the report, to be married to a woman whose name was not that of my mother, who my father is currently married to and has been for over 40 years. There were no children listed, even though I am one of four of his children. My mother unfortunately became aware of this information when it was brought up in the browsers history, and she was extremely distressed about the issue. I can only say that this kind of "mistake" on the part of the website was the sort that could, given the intimate nature of the falsehoods, lead to critically dangerous consequences. I was alarmed to discover that the website would have such grossely mistaken information and claim to be legitimate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/instantcheckmatecom/internet/instantcheckmatecom-unknown-info-given-after-payment-was-completely-inaccurate-claimed-t-952906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on instantcheckmate.com