Complaint Review: Instinct Marketing / Caleb Sims

• Updated: Fri, June 27, 2014

• Reported By: Brake-ingbad — Englewood Colorado
Instinct Marketing / Caleb Sims
7600 E Arapahoe Rd STE 104 Centennial, Colorado USA

Instinct / Caleb Sims FirstGen Management, AGI Marketing, Agility Group, Contact Promotions, Instinct Business Concepts / NewGen SCAM SCAM SCAM Smart Circle Door to Door DONT BOTHER! Centennial Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Enough With The Lies Already

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Caleb cares about people

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Strange and unprofessional work environment

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: All Good Things

*General Comment: Seems like they're desperate? That's never a good sign

Hi everyone! I actually wrote an original report on Agility and GUESS WHAT! He changed his company name to INSTINCT, that's right 6 name changes in less than a year! Didn't want you to be fooled by these people so wanted to post an update. I also included the link to my original report and the others all over the net about them. Don't fall for it complete SCAM!

You obviously have seen some rip-off reports online for customer service/marketing. Now, I'm sure you've seen a plethora of different posts like these but you should definitely watch out for one called Instinct, Agility (or one of their many other names such as AGI Marketing or NewGen). THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!!!!

I was tricked and so were many people before me. I chose to not listen or pay attention to the many reviews about this circus but they are all, sadly, true. This place has been telling people to quit their jobs and join their "firm" for "marketing". [continued below]....

..... YEA RIGHT!!! This is a lie--you will be approaching sketchy people on the streets and sneaking into stores to sell MAKE-UP to people (be careful not to get kicked out). WAIT--IT GETS BETTER! 6-7 of the 10 people that work there all live together in an apartment and go bar-hopping like real pals. Oh, did I mention, they all live in the apartment of the man you will be working for! Professional, right? Better hope you're one of those people in his circle of friends or you're pretty much screwed, as a few of his own tenured employees told me.

Not to mention they all share one vehicle so you will be required to run yours into the ground so that they can bum a ride off of you to make money for themselves. Now, maybe it's just me, but if you can really become as successful and wealthy as they claim, how come none of those people can afford their own vehicle yet? Hmmm...?

They'll tell you that you have a security blanket of $300 for the first week, LIES. Any money you get is from the $2 you MIGHT make per make-up kit you sell. Don't expect any money from them. They won't even tell you the hours you work! You'll be working 11-12 hours a day, 6 days a week. They also say "optional weekends" BS if you try to get a weekend off youre guilt tripped about why you wont ever make it.

I left that place as soon as I went in. A few of his employees (girls) even told me to quit because the job is taxing and I won't make much money. I guess I didn't fit into their little girl group of drama. Beware of two specific girls, by the way. The one with super-curly red hair is rude, condescending, passive-aggresive, and all around mean. Her "bestie" with black, short hair is too good to talk to you. I guess I dont even need to describe them since their major attitude problems give them right away. They both hang around the "boss" so I guess their behaviour is automatically excused.

ALL IN ALL; are you looking for a job with co-workers that treat you like trash because you're brand-new and not part of their clique? What about a boss that treats you like less than the rest because you're not making him as much money? Are you also looking to waste the little money you made, on replenishing your gas? What about humiliating yourself in the streets in extreme weather while your "boss" sits around twiddling his fingers or counting his cash? If so, this is the job for you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2014 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Instinct-Marketing-Caleb-Sims-/Centennial-Colorado-80112/Instinct-Caleb-Sims-FirstGen-Management-AGI-Marketing-Agility-Group-Contact-Promoti-1139729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instinct Marketing / Caleb Sims

Enough With The Lies Already

AUTHOR: frankserpico - ()

Wow!  These guys must have a team of monkeys working around the clock posting nice things because if they didn't, one would.  Don't you think it's odd that two people have written saying that they worked for Caleb for over a year and that he is a great guy and they made more money than they can count?  Why did they leave if it was so good?  Think about it.  If it was really that good they would still be there.  165 reports on this site alone can't be wrong.

I Don't know Caleb Sims but I do know Smart Circle.  What Caleb is being accused of is par for the course.  It's not his fault, he has just been brainwashed into believing that the only way to get ahead is to screw people.  "Cheaters Prosper".

I would also point out that Caleb is no entrepreneur.  He had to sign a document giving Smart Circle power of attorney over his corporation and his bank account.  His "business" was set up by the powers that be for the powers that be.  He is only and entrepreneur when the bills are due and if lord forbid something bad should happen in his market and someone needs to take the fall.

Don't post lies.  Don't be another Ashley Martin.  JUICE.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Caleb cares about people

AUTHOR: jwin - ()

I worked with Caleb for over a year and can say that this original article is all slander and not true.  Caleb has more integrity than anyone I know.  I've seen him help out employees that were struggling through lots of issues including financial trouble, personal issues, and I've even seen him take time out of his busy schedule to go pick someone up to get them to work (and drive them home) when their car didn't start.  He even helped me out when I moved to Denver from Massachusetts by covering my gas bill to drive across the country.  I have never seen a boss take care of their people as much as I have seen Caleb do it.

Working in his office, I was surrounded by people whom all have a positive look on life, are optimistic, and are entrepreneurial minded.  Even though I am no longer a part of the organization, I still maintain those relationships that were built in the business.  Also, while part of Caleb's company, I made more money than I would have in ANY other entry level position.  Every day I thank God for the opportunity I had, the relationships I built, the money I made, and for the success that I am now enjoying as a result of my experience in Caleb Sims' organization.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Strange and unprofessional work environment

AUTHOR: DBB1818 - ()

Don't waste your time.

They live together, they sleep together, and they make $0 together. It's the most unprofessional "office" I've ever stepped foot in.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

All Good Things

AUTHOR: john - ()

I worked with Caleb for over a year and I can say that this report is simply the opinion of one individual whom had a bad experience.

In the time I worked with Caleb, I was pushed to the limits of what I thought I was capable of and challenged to make myself better than I was.  And yes, sometimes I was challenged even when I didn't feel like I wanted to be; I commend Caleb for being willing to do that when other employers would just coddle you and say it's ok.  During my time IN THE FIELD, I managed to save up enough money to 1) live a comfortable life, 2) buy a brand new car... WITHOUT A LOAN!  3) Made more than double the income than I do now as a teacher.  So do not argue with me about the money making potential of this position at the entry level.

I've seen Caleb take risks by giving people plenty of chances and second chances even when they probably didn't deserve it.  I've watched Caleb put some of these people into business for themselves and prosper.  That doesn't mean it's not hard work.  Entrepreneurship is one of the most difficult career paths out there!  Nearly every great business owner has had haters like the one that wrote the original article.  For example, if you're reading this, you may know who Sam Walton is, founder of Walmart (America's largest retailer), do yourself a favor by looking up walmart scams online, it doesn't stop the population from doing business there.  Or if you look up how many people sue McDonalds for various things, it doesn't stop them from selling 1 billion hamburgers.  My point is, if you don't have what it takes, then make the best of your experience, be thankful for the opportunity, and move on!

After leaving, I know for a fact that I am now more accomplished and more confident in myself than when I first started with Caleb.  In my current role as an educator, I am the hardest working, most confident, and most prepared because of the training and expereience I spent with a true entrepreneur.

#5 General Comment

Seems like they're desperate? That's never a good sign

AUTHOR: graven idol - ()

About two weeks ago, I lost my job so I started to look for work, which means I regularly file applications on Career Builder. While I do that and wait for responses from the places I've applied to, I usually get two areas that hit me up, no questions asked:

- Marketing
- Insurance companies (State Farm, etc)

Let it be known I do not file to marketing firms for various reasons. About five years ago, I was desperate and filed an application for "customer service" (because, hey, I have experience in customer service) for a similar firm. I had an interview with them, on site, that was almost two hours away from my apartment. The next day, I had to follow someone around, with no pay, door to door for "shadowing". I bluntly told them that I wasn't interested in the position because I simply do not like selling things, I don't like pressuring people. I find people that do this in various stores, businesses, and at my door step to be obnoxious. They practically begged me to join on; the manager telling me he used to be introverted and that the job changed him.

By now, I have to Google each and every company that comes my way, because a good majority of the responses on sites like Monster or Career Builder end up being like this. I came to find this initial report and recalled back in the day, AGI Marketing almost had me shadow in a similar position. What I did is I told the person that contacted me I had no interest whatsoever and linked them to this article to show them that I am not that desperate.

Yesterday, I had a call for an interview. I was blown away how they completely disregarded that response of a resounding "no" with the link. I was going to schedule it and I will not lie -- I blew it off, because I am not going to do this again. I'm not wasting the little money I have on gas and I am certainly not working for such a wage to be the person that bothers me while I'm trying to shop or enjoy my time off. I got a confirmation call this morning.

Now I have three emails in my inbox, the main office desperate to interview with me, I kid you not. Sometimes I would just not go to an interview because I would read information, like this, regarding the company. Now I am basically getting spamed with emails. In my experience since the stock market crash back in '08, nobody emails you three times and calls you twice because you don't want to interview with them. They'll go to next person, because there's still six people applying for every position a company posts. To me, that's desperation and highly unappealing. If anything, it makes me uncomfortable. Also, I will not lie, if I see a company that is mentioned here, I don't want to have anything to do with them. Especially in marketing.

Companies should be aware that us job applicants can still look up information regarding their company and do what I do: not go to an interview because you're basically making people walk around door to door for eight or nine hours with no pay. No, thank you. That's not an insentive. I'm looking for customer service and that does not translate "buy this stuff because we're awsome!".  Us consumers find that annoying, so why would I take the position of being a nuisance of pressuring people to buy stuff? Here's a protip: start utilizing social media to raise awareness to products instead of sending these poor people to harrass others to buy their stuff. Wild idea, I know, but that approach to raise brand awareness is going way with newspapers and other old world media.

P.S. - Stop bothering me. If I see "marketing" attached to your response, I don't want to have anything to do with you. Get with the times.