license

• Updated: Mon, December 16, 2013

• Reported By: Decatur Handyman — Atlanta Georgia
Insurance Academy
123 nw 13th st boca raton fl 33432 Boca Raton, Florida USA

Insurance Academy A representitive from this company gleaned information from my visit to healthcare.gov, ran my name through Intellus and social media, called my parents, called my wife, and then used high pressure sales tactics to try to get her to disclose our banking information over the phone. Boca Raton Florida

I went to healthcare.gov to shop the insurance marketplace. A company calling themselves Insurance Academy somehow got my information from that visit, ran my name through Intellus and social media, and started tracking me down. They called my parents, who gave them my wife's number. They used the information they had gleaned to parse together a story (inaccurate) and pretended to be agents assigned from healthcare.gov to get me signed up for insurance. They used high pressure tactics to try to get banking information from my wife before giving any information on what they were trying to sell her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Insurance-Academy/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/Insurance-Academy-A-representitive-from-this-company-gleaned-information-from-my-visit-to-1107502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Insurance Academy