Complaint Review: Insurance Protection Specialists

• Updated: Wed, October 09, 2013

• Reported By: Cyberkook — Richmond Hill, New York
Insurance Protection Specialists
PO Box 2343​ Birmingham, Michigan USA

Insurance Protection Specialists Taking advantage of job seekers Birmingham Michigan

*General Comment: Then again....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Suggested Duplicity

*Author of original report: Duplicity

*UPDATE Employee: Insurance Protection Specialists

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to disappointed contractor

Insurance Protectopn Specialists offers aweek of free training and it is worth every penny.  They told me that I would be collecting information from prospective life insurance applicants which in of itself sounds easy enough.  My recruiter gave me a script to read word for word and promised me I would induct two or three prospects per every hour reciting this pitch. They in turn would sell the info to insurance agents for a fee and that's how they turn a profit.   After collecting a ton of HR paperwork from me and a week of stepping me through a myriad of log-in hurdles worthy a 3-credit college course, I am reay for "work", or am i?   By my second week of employment I am fielding calls off if their automated dialing system that 40%  of which were answering machines an 40% of people who spoke Spanish, French, Russian, Creole, Hindi but not English and there was 15% who already been contacted and said No Thanks.   Instead of inducting two to three people per hour I inducted only one or two people per DAY.   So my second week I induct 8 prospects and somehow FIVE of them were "disqualified" with no clear explanation and I so it was like I was not even acknowledged for the work.  At that point my recruiter infirmed me I did not meet the productivity standard required to get paid anything and seemed to care even less why.  Instead he encouraged me endure this humiliation for yet another week  I connclude that I was merely a means-to-a-paycheck for a recruiter fulfilling his obligations to Insurance Protection Specialis and nothing more, so went back to my job search remiss of the responses I ignored over two wasted weeks of my emplyment life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2013 03:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Insurance-Protection-Specialists/Birmingham-Michigan-48012/Insurance-Protection-Specialists-Taking-advantage-of-job-seekers-Birmingham-Michigan-1090572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Insurance Protection Specialists

#1 General Comment

Then again....

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

There is money to be made with I.P.S.

Sounds like person filing this report wasn't successful, however others are.

Just like any other business, some make it and some don't.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Suggested Duplicity

AUTHOR: IPS - ()

Hello my name is Cris and I am a Co-Owner of Insurance Protection Specialists.  When we first were made aware of the filing made here in Rip Off Report we issued our response and invited all of our contractors that currently work with us to come to this site and submit their experience and responses as well.  The response that you are referring to as a duplicate was truly filed by one of our contractors and yes it was on the same day as I posted our response.

It's truly unfortunate that someone who lacked the skills set and the ability for perform in the function as required for our position would continue to voice their displeasure due to their inability to perform the duties as hired.  It's quite simple, if you lake the experience to do a position do not hold yourself out as if you do because if you can not perform as outlined for the position you will be terminated.

If you should have any further questions or concerns I invite you to contact me personally to resolve your challenges.  If you truly have worked with us then you should have all of the necessary contact information to reach out to us and I do look forward to speaking with you.  We wish you all the best in your future employment endeavors.

Duplicity

AUTHOR: Cyberkook - ()

A "former employee" and a manager or executive both respond on the very same day at nearly same time?  Coincidence?  I dare think not.  It's the same person.

Insurance Protection Specialists

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

As a former IPS employee i went through the same exact training and in my first week successfully hit my goal mark. None of my leads that were generated got denied because i had followed direction and read word for word in the script as i was told to do in training and many times after. You are told that if you do not read word for word in scipt you will have rejected leads. There are certain goal marks you need to hit in order to get paid, expalined in contract and training. Most of the potential clients i speak to are english speaking and VERY few spanish. Its as simple as this , if you know how to follow direction, have experience in this industry and do as told prior to being hired than YES you will succeed with this company. This complaint that was filed with IPS just sounds like a personal matter that he/she had with the company due to not hitting goals and not following direction.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to disappointed contractor

AUTHOR: IPS - ()

It’s truly unfortunate that the independent contractor from Minnesota had an unpleasant experience with our employment opportunity. I.P.S. has several independent contractors around the country that provide telemarketing services for our business that experience financial success each and every week.

We hire independent contractors to perform work to our quality standards.    As a business we do have minimal production requirements that we expect from our independent contractors.  If someone is not able to follow our simple policy, procedures, and meet our minimal requirements then we have to part ways.

This particular contractor had challenges following directions and reading our scripts as written. We require simple verbatim for script delivery in addition to basic minimal computer skills needed to perform the work required.   If for any reason an independent contractors leads are rejected it is simply because they’re not following our process and procedures.

When an independent contractor’s lead is rejected the contractor receives the rejected lead in question as well as the audio file for review.  A brief statement is given with the lead in question explaining the reason for rejection, at that time the independent contractor can contact us if they have any questions. If anyone should have any questions please feel free to email or give us a call.