Complaint Review: integra telecom

• Reported By: Gary Zukowski — Auburn Washington United States of America
integra telecom
13035 Gateway Dr S # 119 Tukwila, Washington United States of America

integra telecom Deceptive sales practices Tukwila, Washington

I was approached by sales rep, Terry Swanlund, who cold called me at my business.  He said he represented Integra Telecom, and said he could save me money on my business phone services if I switched from Qwest.

He provided me a quote, and that same quote was signed by me as a 3 year contract.  Never will I sign a long term phone contract again!

His quote was for $112.41, and in small print at the bottom of the quote/services agreement document, in about a "4" font size, it lists that the quote doesn not include government taxes and surcharges, or company imposed surcharges.  It lists, very deceptively that the government surcharges and taxes will be around 10 to 15% of my bill.

When I asked him about all the surcharges, he did not expain the company surcharges seperately, he just lumped them all together with the government amount of 10 to 15%, so I said ok, and signed the agreement.

Then when my bill comes, surprise, surprise, the company surcharges are exactly 50% of the monthly quoted amount ($56.40), and then on top of that are the govt taxes amounting to 20% of the bill instead of 10 to 15% like in their quote.  So all in all the surcharges now almost double my bill!

I have called Terry at least 3 times in the past year and everytime he will not call back, or take care of my complaint.

I believe this is a deceptive if not fraudulent sales practice, that Integra knew all along that they would be adding 50% more to my bill, that the amount should have been part of my quote amount total, and that they hid the charge in fine print below just to get me to change from Qwest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/integra-telecom/Tukwila-Washington-98168/integra-telecom-Deceptive-sales-practices-Tukwila-Washington-536624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on integra telecom