Complaint Review: interFACE

• Reported By: Zakari L. Billo — arlington Virginia
9318 Gaither Rd Suite 220/Gaithersburg, MD Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

interFACE Talent management modeling acting music dancing Gaithersburg Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Interface victim

*Consumer Comment: Dispute! don't wait for refund, they won't refund!

*General Comment: Do Not Come Here!

*Consumer Comment: Interface didn't not rip us off.

*Consumer Comment: confused?

The Plastic Words of a Ripoff

Hello, I'm a young man who fell for the stupid ripoff agency interFACE. All they want is your hard earned money. They don't care about what you say, they just keep pushing to you handing over your money. so they call you like 30 times and say "are you coming to your interview sir" you say yes when you come into the building its filled with loud music no one enjoys and its filled with people. yet you still say my child is going to be an famous actor!

so you fill out your personal info and wait  30-60 mins finally some=one walks up to you and says time for your interview! seriously your walking right into their hands. During your interview they keep going on and on about how good-looking your child is, and keep saying "you better pursue this, make you childs dreams come true" and with those words any parent falls. If you don't agree the make your child say yes mum you need to pay (figurative language) be saying "you really want to do this right."

so you look at your childs smile and say this couldnt hurt a bit, you pay and you realize,"OMG I just gave them my precious credit card I want to cancell right now!!!" then they say why dont you want to "pursue" this for your lovely child- the same plastic words of a ripoff. you cancel then they say why not, so you just leave with your children whinning behind you and you want to tell everyone about this fraud. DO NOT DO ANYTHING FOR THOSE GEEKS THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND EAT IT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2013 05:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/interFACE/Gaithersburg-Maryland/interFACE-Talent-management-modeling-acting-music-dancing-Gaithersburg-Maryland-1053950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on interFACE

Interface victim

AUTHOR: gutsygurl - ()

I am also a victim of interface. they really deceived us. on the first meeting they will tell you that they will promore you or your child to the companies as model. Towards the end, they will show you the pricelist.  You will be thinking that the amount will cover everything except for the copyright and print outs.. after the photoshoot they will ask you to pay for the marketing. You will really be shocked because they did not mention this payment on the first meeting. They will "advice "  you to pay for this, so that your first payment will not be wasted.

One more thing their website states that they will promote the talent...very deceiving!

By the way, I found out form the web that this company has a branch in New Jersey which was charged with consumer fraud: you can click the sites below for further details.

I guess this business in Maryland has to stop! This needs to be reported to authorities to give justice who are victimized by them and prevent other people to be their victims.

here is the website of the Attorney General of Maryland

1. On the right side click a "consumer complaint"

---this will give you the instructions on how to file a complaint

--you can file online or by mail. If you want to attach relevant info such as receipts, brochure, print out of their website (which claim that they will promote you/child); I think the mail option is more appropriate because they cannot accept electronic  attachments

2. For mail, click on the left side "general complaint"

Here is the address:

Attorney General of Maryland

200 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202

Dispute! don't wait for refund, they won't refund!

AUTHOR: Father - ()

Same thing happened to me. I talked to this Jeniffer (I believe her last name is Tucker), a Korean women. After her "educational speech", I signed the contract. I decided to cancel the photo shooting as soon as I got home. It is simply becasue the cost is too high and I just don't feel comfortable.

I followed the instructions in the contract. I wrote a letter, certified mail to the gaithersburg office within three days. I also emailed them to confirm it. but no one responsed. I called them after a few days. They said they would file a refund request soon. I called them again after a few more days, they said they would file a refund request AGAIN! which means they haven't done anything yet. I called them for the last time to check the status of the refund on the 31st day. (they claim they offer refund withing 30 days). A woman answer the phone and told me the refund check has not been mailed out yet. I asked her how much longer should I wait. She said she did not know. I told her if you don't give me a time frame, I had to file a dispute with my credit card company. Guess what she said, she said "It's fine , you can dispute it."

Have you ever seen a customer representitive encourge consumer to file dispute? after i got my refund, I am going to handout fllyers in front of their office and stop other parents going to this trap.

#3 General Comment

Do Not Come Here!

AUTHOR: Giggs123 - ()

I fell for this scam.  I took my 4 year old daughter to the Maryland office and the "director" Jennifer I spoke to knows how to sell. So after traveling 45 minutes. I get there and automaticaly get comments on how beautiful my daughter is.  I get called back only to sign up for a free trial for Project Reality which is a complete joke! I get sent back out to the waiting room and then the fab Jennifer takes me back. She knows how to sell let me tell ya then the prices came up. My daughter was just going to be another victim so I will be canceling to get my money back asap!  Thank god for the internet and it showed the true colors of this company. I feel horrible for those who don't do thier research. Such a shame I don't know how these people sleep at night.

Interface didn't not rip us off.

AUTHOR: Grandmom - ()

I wasn't going to write but I know there must be people out there like me who didn't know where to turn or how to start into the business.  Interface didnt do anything wrong with us. They sent out the comp cards like they said they were going to and we have gotten 5 call backs from them. Without Interface I would not known where or how to go about getting into the  business. They were professional with us, took amazing pictures and worked with us to get the pictures just right. I didn't like some of the pictures they picked for the comp cards, but like the woman said they are in the business and knows what sells, and I guess it worked because we have work.

Sometimes you have to step back and ask yourself were the pictures done in a professional way or were they done like you would have done them with your own camera and if it's the last part then don't get them, and move on to someone else.  But for people to come on here and say they promised you work, (They never once promised us work)is wrong. They said they would get the comp cards done and send them out to the industry which they did, and have the profile page up for other angencies to look at and thats exactly what the did, and get the ball rolling. They never promised us work we had to follow though with it. I am not a paid to write this rebuttal, but i just wanted others to know don't go in with rose colored glasses really listen to what they say and the don't assume anything, this is your children and family members you making this big decision for THEIR future now yours.

AUTHOR: john120 - ()

Im confused about your complaint.

Basically the biggest issues you have with this company is they play loud music.  Aside from charging for a service, why exactly is it a fraud??