• Report: #1120287

• Updated: Sun, February 02, 2014

• Reported By: Jstringfellow — Capitol Heights Maryland
interFace
9318 Gaither Rd Gaithersburg, MD Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

interFace Talent Agency ABSOLUTE SCAM UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO WASTE Gaithersburg Maryland

*Consumer Comment: They got your money

I wasn't actually going to do this because I just let it go. You live and you learn.

I should have known something was up because the of dozens of times that they call before you come in for your first interview...they throw out there "if you cancel, you won't be able to get your appointment back" which makes absolutely no sense, but I digress. Me and my husband arrived, the offie was nice. Didn't look like a sketchy building. I live off vibes...if I get a good vibe, I go ahead...if not, I leave. After about 20-30 minutes, you meant with a nice rep. Well dressed, well spoken. Now, here is when the scam comes into play. Trust me, I ask all the right questions. Examples, etc. They even bring in headshots of kids that represented & the ads that those kids got! So I'm thinking, ok, they have proof. They're not just pulling this out the air. You're talking with them one on one, they say thigs like, " oh she's beautiful, I can see the ads she'll be doing"..shit like that lol... First you have to schedule the shoot for the headshot. The prices start at 500-600 for just 1 outfit. A 2nd outfit is about 1000 I believe. They try their HARDEST to get you to spend that money ON YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT. Even if you try and say, "well let me go home and think about it, and I'll definitely call first thing in the morning", they say things like, "we have to take payment today"..and some other things......Sidenote:  After I had my first child, I told my husband we have to take chances, we both play our lives safely without taking chances. Some people make the best choices when they take chances.

My husband got very irritated with the rep bc he said "she's definitely pressuring us. I'm out." After he stepped out, I should have followed, but I didn't want to be rude. She ended up giving us a "deal" by letting my daughter have an extra outfit for the shoot. With the extra outfit it would have been about 900 to 1000, but we got the deal for 600. We Scheduled the photo shoot a week later. Once we got there, it was VERY unprofessional. Loud, a lot of people..it just didn't seem right. Since I paid the 600 already I figured she'd get her 6 month pictures out of it. My thing is if you represent kids, and you clearly see on your schedule you're going to shoot a 6 month old baby, you need to have the correct props for the baby. They improvised with a office chair and some other random thing.... and the shots came out alright, but trust me, it was STILL TACKY. About a week after the shoot, we came back to check out the photos and they were nice. THEY THEN ASKED FOR A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS more, I'm not sure exactly how much, but these were to get copies of the headshots and comp cards. And please believe they constantly push you to pay the money...they even had the nerve to ask "can you call someone to borrow the money" THAT'S SOMETHING A DEBT COLLECTOR WOULD SAY! At the end of the day, they're money hungry!!!!!!! It'll be a few hundred dollars at every visit.

We still were able to get her shots. It was about 40 pictures...however THEY WERE NOT EDITED AT ALL, Professional pictures are supposed to be edited. They told us if we would have gave them the money we could have had them edited...the 2 props that they used had STAINS on them that came out in ALL the pictures...some pics were dark, some were light. She's a baby, so there was drool that is usually edited in professional pictures....it was horrible. So I ended up editing them myself. If you have a couple thousand to throw away, then you'll probably get something out of it. Thank the lord I'm smart enough to have savings. I took a chance, and this is what happened. Thank God she isn't old enough to realize what was going on, they would have crushed her dreams. But mommy's not giving up.   =)   Good luck with those fools. ..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2014 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/interFace/Gaithersburg-Maryland/interFace-Talent-Agency-ABSOLUTE-SCAM-UNLESS-YOU-HAVE-MONEY-TO-WASTE-Gaithersburg-Marylan-1120287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on interFace

They got your money

AUTHOR: Giselle - ()

A legit agency is not trying to sell pictures. They will take their cut after the model gets paying jobs. There are warnings all over the internet to watch out for scam agencies that are just trying to earn money by taking photos. And surely you realize, no matter the person's appearance or marketability, if they have the money for the photos, they are gonna say whatever to get them onboard!  When you were told that you had to pay immediately, that should have been all you needed to hear to know it was not legit!  The negative vibes should have been so thick at that point, you should have been choking to breathe through all those negative vibes!