Complaint Review: Interface

• Updated: Tue, November 12, 2013

• Reported By: Michelle — California Maryland
Interface
9318 Gathers Road Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

Interface / Interface Network Unmarketable pictures, horrible clothing & hair stylist and lied about being agency! Gaithersburg Maryland

*Author of original report: Again, Just For Show

*Author of original report: Just For Show

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: InterFACE Maryland Compcard example

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Official InterFACE Representative Response to "Unmarketable pictures, clothing & hair stylist"

My daughter went to a photo shoot on 8/3/13 at Interface that I paid 1,075.00 for on 7/27/13. She was suppose to receive 4 different looks including hair, make-up, styling and photography. I was assured that they would be able to do my daughters' "natural" hair because they flew in the stylist, hair dressers and make up artist from all over the country. My daughter brought in a suit case full of clothes, a suitcase full of shoes and a duffel bag full of jewelry and assesories. The stylist did not put together Jade's outfits to complete 4 different looks.

All of her looks were "girly and casual" and they even had her wear the same pants during two of the photos. I actually had to go in my daughter's dressing room and try and figure out what they wanted her to wear. No shoes where selected for her, I had to do that part as well. The hair people had no clue how to do my daugters hair. Each tried with no success and just threw together really bad hair styles that all looked the same. They only put gel in my daughter hair and then tried to flat iron it. You can clearly see flakes from the gel in most of the pictures. In one picture, they just put a headband on my daughter and called it a new look.

I am still trying to correct the damage of the faulty hair care. The make up artist never changed her make up and did not apply it to her whole face. There where many spots in the photos that clearly showed they missed spots. Even the spots that had make-up on her face was poor done. The stylist, make-up artisit and hair person where the same person. They had about five people and each person held all three titles and all were involved in the processs providing poor pictures for my daughter. I complained to the local office immediately upon seeing the pictures and would told they would photo shop five for me.

I explained that the bad hair cannot be photo shopped. I also complained to the corporate office the next two days after the photo shoot and was told that I could not get a refund and that the would see if they could give me another photo shoot. My daughter has been to a professional photo shoot with another company and showed interface the pictures. Interface told me that they would do better and they did not at all. The only resolution offered is offered is to let them do it again. They did so much damage to my daughters hair that it had to be cut. I don't want any further damage done, I just want my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 05:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Interface-/Gaithersburg-Maryland-20877-/Interface-Interface-Network-Unmarketable-pictures-horrible-clothing-hair-stylist-an-1097841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Interface

Again, Just For Show

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

I have attempted to contact the e-mal address provided twice with no success. And when I called the client services phone number for Interface, I still given the run around. I was told that since the pictures where taken, I do not qualify for a refund. (Nevermind the fact that I am unable to use them for the intended marketing purposes.) It appears that the nice response submitted on the website was just for appearence purposes and not to really assist me with this ongoing issue.

Just For Show

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

The Compcard shown is just for show. I was shown an entire book of what appeared to be high quality photographs and compcards. However, that is not what I received. Keep in mind that these are not physical photographs but merely electronic photographs that I would have to print myself if I had access to them. This is the whole purpose of my complaint. I did not get what was promised or what I paid for. My daughter did not recieve different looks for the photographs even though the clothes where availible. My daughters hair was styled the same in the majority of the looks and hot mess in one of the looks. I was told that they would photo shop only what was being put on the compcard which meant I would have to pay yet more money. If an organization has a quaility staff of stylist, make-up artist, and photographers, there show not be a need for extensive photo altering.The only thing that should be corrected is skin imperfections and things of that nature.

#3 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

InterFACE Maryland Compcard example

AUTHOR: InterFACE Online Representative - ()

Please see the InterFACE Maryland Compcard example below, as proof of our professional photoshoot services.

#4 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

AUTHOR: InterFACE - ()

Dear Michelle,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had with InterFACE. We are immediately working to fix this event and ensure it never happens again.

If you could please send us your photoshoot pictures to socialmedia@interfacetalent.com as proof, we will work on refunding and/or giving you a top-tier photoshoot immediately.

We only ask you to send us your pictures as proof because other talent companies have taken to slandering us on sites, like Ripoff Report, trying to falsely hurt our reputation.

After receiving your complaint we contacted our Maryland staff about their obvious failure to deliver the superior standard of customer service we promise. The Maryland location is our newest location and, having just recently opened, it’s likely your negative photoshoot experience was caused by a temporary stylist.

You can see attached below another InterFACE compcard from the same Maryland location. In it our client, Aliyah, looks beautiful and the compcard is obviously the result of a successful, professional and cared-for photoshoot.

Again we apologize for your experience. Please send us your photos at socialmedia@interfacetalent.com so we canfix this immediately.

Sincerely,