Complaint Review: International Global Sweepstakes Lottery Ltd.

• Submitted: Wed, September 16, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 16, 2009

• Reported By: Harolds1 — Racine Wisconsin USA
International Global Sweepstakes Lottery Ltd.
3509 Avenue H Ft. Worth, Texas United States of America

International Global Sweepstakes Lottery Ltd. This company has called me several times in an attempt to collect a shipping/handling fee from me via Western Union in order to send me a package of $2.5 million that I supposedly won in a lottery. Ft. Worth, Texas

I have received several phone calls from "International Global Sweepstakes Lottery, Ltd." telling me I won two and a half million dollars in a random lottery. However, I must go to Western Union and wire them $495.25 to take care of the shipping/handling charges and to get a numbered receipt, which they need to put on the check. They will then deliver the check, in my name, and avoid any questions whereby the IRS or any other entity could block the package.

I know this is a scam, but the persistance is unnerving, I've told them at least 3 times to stop calling me, that I will not send them any money.  They have my address, my name and my phone number!

Today I asked for more info, names, addresses, phone numbers and they willingly gave them to me.  I'm thinking that I need to file a police report, on top of filing the report here.

The guy, Mr. Michael Ellis, is supposed to call me tomorrow to get the receipt number. I won't be home.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Global-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Ltd/Ft-Worth-Texas-76105/International-Global-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Ltd-This-company-has-called-me-several-times-in-495919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Global Sweepstakes Lottery Ltd.