Complaint Review: International Marketing Group

• Updated: Sun, July 18, 2010

• Reported By: guitrun1 — Somersworth New Hampshire United States of America
International Marketing Group
Wellington, Florida United States of America

International Marketing Group International Marketing and Finance group Scam operation to sell your timeshare for an up front fee of $1428. Wellington, Florida

*Author of original report: International Marketing Group scam

A convincing young man calling himself "Thomas" stated that he had an interested party to whom he would sell my time share for $60,000, and the paperwork would all be handled by IMG.  The up-front fee (stupid me) would be refunded after the sale.  He offered to recover previous fees paid to other scam operators in the past (only one from about 20 years ago), which was too good to be true (DUH!).  He gave me his phone number and his "personal" extension.

My card was charged using "PayPay" (another red flag), which may be a legitimate company.

The FL Attorney General's office is investigating this operation, and I have notified my crerdit card company about the fraudulent charge.  All in all, a lesson learned, and a very smooth scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2010 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Marketing-Group/Wellington-Florida-/International-Marketing-Group-International-Marketing-and-Finance-group-Scam-operation-to-587609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Marketing Group

International Marketing Group scam

AUTHOR: guitrun1 - (USA)

After contacting my credit card company (Chase), I was reimbursed the $1428 (in March).  They required me to file a written claim which I did, claiming breech of contract which stated that I would receive a copy of my title search information within 60 days (did not happen).

"PayPay" then sent a rebuttal in June with copies of different contracts (not mine, with different amounts paid!), and no signatures.  I filed more detailed information with Chase, and expect that to be the end of it.These scammers never quit.  PayPay is tasked with trying to recover the money from IMG.

I am now filing a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's office, who are investigating the company. I have recovered the money, but am intending to put these companies out of business for good.