Complaint Review: International Reading Services -Virginia Beach

• Submitted: Tue, November 22, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: Shmuggie08 — Independence Missouri United States of America
International Reading Services -Virginia Beach
460 Investors Place, Suite 102 Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

International Reading Services -Virginia Beach PCH SCAMMED, CHEATED, STOLE, & LIED! Virginia Beach, Virginia

*General Comment: Advice on how to get money back

Last night these people called, around 8pm, in the middle of the MNF game, and somehow got me hooked on the phone.

The womans name was Jolene, and she did sound overly nice. I should have known better, but I went along with it and answered all the questions. She said I had been entered to win $100k through Visa which the drawing would be July 16, 2012 and I also would receive a diamond watch for signing up for this magazine subscription. At first it sounded free...then it ended up with 4 magazines for $68.26 a month for 19 months and then they would be FREE, and when I sounded hesitant, they lowered to $49.90 a month for 23 months. I then was asked to confirm my debit/credit card number...which I did, foolishly.

They gave me my order number and then she trasfered me to her supervisor (whom I can't remember her name) for a few last minute questions, which were RECORDED. Towards the end of the phone call I caught on a little, and I asked if this would be charged now. She said it had already charged my account. I told her I didnt have it to do this month, I am tight on money. She said it was too late to cancel as it had already gone through when I gave my card number. Then when I sounded hostile, she said "Thank you and goodbye".

Pretty much, I am very pissed off about this and I am needing to find out a way to get this money back on my card. The charge is still pending and I called my back last night and they told me I have to wait for it to clear before I can dispute it. I have read so many complaints on here, I am hoping someone can help me out with this!!! I am now down to less than $50 in my bank account until next pay day, after paying bills and NOW being charged for some ridiculous magazine subscription that is WAY OVER PRICED!!!

Does any one who has had this happen have a way to contact these morons and help me get my money back?!

Thanks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2011 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Reading-Services-Virginia-Beach/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/International-Reading-Services-Virginia-Beach-PCH-SCAMMED-CHEATED-STOLE-LIED-Virgin-800723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Reading Services -Virginia Beach

#1 General Comment

Advice on how to get money back

AUTHOR: Camilledjackson - (USA)

I am going through the same thing and u should put a permanent block on your card associated with the subscription. Call your bank to get a new card and file a claim against them for refusing to cancel the account and dispute all charges associated with them. U can file he claim if u have never received they're product and they will have to give u your money back because what they did is considered fraud and theft.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC