Complaint Review: Internet Business Resource Development

• Updated: Mon, January 13, 2014

• Reported By: Dorian — Mt. Tremper New York
Internet Business Resource Development
1200 Westlake Ave N Ste 1006 Seattle, Washington USA

Internet Business Resource Development iBrd.co,elevatedfrequency@gmail. Probably good enough intentions, fraudulent procedure, according to FTC Seattle Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Complaint Closed.

I was called by them, and they said that they could recover some of the charges on my credit card, for charges that I had probably overpaid on. Since I had felt that I HAD overpaid for some of the services, which later fell short of expectations, I was interested. They wanted to know all of my credit card information to see if I qualified. This charge went on PayPal Bill me later.

Shortly after signing up with them, another incident happened that was totally unrelated, a" you've been awarded a federal grant call, send this amount of money for the transaction fee." I DIDN'T fall for that, but I went on fraud.org after that call, and there was a link to the FTC site. I read alot of information on that site, and read a warning about these recovery businesses that charge upfront to dispute charges on your credit card to get the charges lowered.

That isn't the way that it is supposedto be done according to FTC guidelines. The company disputing the charge, is supposed to get a percentage of the refund amount. The warning was that the companies that charge upfront for the service rarely recover any funds, and then you are still out the money.

I hadn't sent in any of my documented information yet, and therefore decided to not go forward with this company. My problem is that it was after the 3 day period for cancelling, and nobody answers the phone or returns my call. I haven't been able to get this resolved, and I am NOT going to pay for a service that I am NOT using.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Business-Resource-Development/Seattle-Washington-98109/Internet-Business-Resource-Development-iBrdcoelevatedfrequencygmail-Probably-good-eno-1100272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internet Business Resource Development

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Complaint Closed.

AUTHOR: iBrD - ()

We are glad to report that we are in contact with Dorian at this time. There was a misunderstanding in the beginning of our relationship and all matters have been sorted out. We did not ask for Dorian’s credit card information or her PayPal information.  In this day and age, there is no reason to ever disclose your credit card information over the phone. Furthermore, we are a website development company and by no means run a “recovery business”. We ask all of our clients if they were happy with the prior companies they did business with. In the case that they are not, we urge our clients to always make good faith efforts to resolve problems with those companies. We are thankful for sites like Ripoffreport for giving consumers an outlet to voice their opinion and experiences. Any time a consumer feels cheated or scammed, they should absolutely complain to the proper agencies and authorities. Fortunately this was just a misunderstanding and we look forward to fostering a positive business relationship with Dorian.